Spencers monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that could be a gender thing, Ingie?! I've found all my females to be quiet shy and retiring when it comes to food (both Spencers and Lacies) , while my males have been the opposite.

"Goblin" has been an exception to the rule, however:)!

Ive noticed this with mertens, spencers and flavis . My 'male' flavi is also a pig when it comes to new types of food while the 'fem' will be more cautious.

I think you guys are onto something
icon14.gif

RSPcrazy, i saw your post on getting robbed :( i hope you can get back you roughie and these scum go to jail! I like your enclosure and the idea mixing coco beat into the play sand! I think i might have to use that one too ;) Also if you say your spencers eats 2 pinkies at a time i think my boy/girl should be able to a well because he is about that exact size. Also who'd you get your spencers off? It seems to look alot like mine with the spots instead of strips, i couldn't tell you who bred mine as i ordered him from a pet store in SA so i wouldn't have a clue.

Also everyone, im currently defrosting a pinkie rat for my spencers to eat so will still let yous know how he goes later this arvo :)

RSPcrazy, i saw your post on getting robbed :( i hope you can get back you roughie and these scum go to jail! I like your enclosure and the idea mixing coco beat into the play sand! I think i might have to use that one too ;) Also if you say your spencers eats 2 pinkies at a time i think my boy/girl should be able to a well because he is about that exact size. Also who'd you get your spencers off? It seems to look alot like mine with the spots instead of strips, i couldn't tell you who bred mine as i ordered him from a pet store in SA so i wouldn't have a clue.

Also everyone, im currently defrosting a pinkie rat for my spencers to eat so will still let yous know how he goes later this arvo :)

A pinkie rat is probably a bit big, pinkie mice is what mine eats, but there's no harm in trying, there throats do stretch.

I got mine from a friend in NSW, but he bought the hole clutch from a guy in SA I believe. So I couldn't tell you who bred her.

Ahh ok, well i offered him/her the rat but cut into 4 pieces and when he/she thought i wasn't looking she ate a piece! :D Then she sorta walked off into her tower thingy under the UV light and had the biggest gut so i just gave the left over 3 pieces to the bearded dragons. I dont think she would've eaten anymore anyway but there are a few mealworms and woodies still there if she gets a bit hungry again.
How often do you feed yours the whole/parts of rodents RSPcrazy? I dont think he'll be up for more food tomorrow so i thought i might just leave it for tomorrow?

Thanks for the info guys an girls :)
do you find males or females to handle better? or are they the same?
:)

Ahh ok, well i offered him/her the rat but cut into 4 pieces and when he/she thought i wasn't looking she ate a piece! :D Then she sorta walked off into her tower thingy under the UV light and had the biggest gut so i just gave the left over 3 pieces to the bearded dragons. I dont think she would've eaten anymore anyway but there are a few mealworms and woodies still there if she gets a bit hungry again.
How often do you feed yours the whole/parts of rodents RSPcrazy? I dont think he'll be up for more food tomorrow so i thought i might just leave it for tomorrow?

Every 2-3 days.

also when he/she gets big can I keep it outside? I am in gympie qld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back