spider!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cam

Reaction score
Hey i found this spider(wolf spider?) while cleaning the pool. it was floating ontop of the water. i put it in a little container and thought why not keep it for a while. So anyway Its about 2cm in length(?) and ive put it in a 15cmx12cm tupperware container. ive got some sand in there and am going to feed him crickets. anything else i need for him? should i make the sand deeper?

Cam

Attachments

• spideys.JPG
    spideys.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 114
  • spideyss.jpg
    spideyss.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 97
I hope you are going to feed it to a lizard? Sorry I don't like spiders, Frogs will eat them too though, and most birds would take care of them! But keep a moist cottonwool ball in with it for any additional moisture it needs, any insects will sustain the beast.

Yeh my parents do find it annoying. hehe. I don't like spiders either but i thought it would be interested.
How bout a softdrink lid as water bowl?
Is it a wolf spider?
can they climb the walls?

Cam

thats a wolfie, not hard to keep, dont need much moisture, they will get enough from insects, shallow sand dont bother them

they love it when you feed them fly spray....lol

Thats what my first thought was too:lol: :lol:

Put it in a 4 litre paint tin with an insect bomb and put the lid on then walk away, or you could put the paint tin onto a fire if your game enough

Its a wolf spider, it'll eat any animal small enough including other wolf spiders. The moisture from the insects you feed it should be enough but to be on the safe side put a wet cottonball in there with it, I found a wolf spider trapped in a plastic container I had left outside once, it seemed on the edge of dying but I put a wet cotton ball in there and it attached itself to this and seemed to get its energy back. They are interesting to watch and an essential little tool in the control of pesky insects like cockroaches.

most non herpers would think it very odd that u could love a snake but hate a spider. as long as their not on me goodluck to em

Whats the red spots on him? Are they mites of some sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back