spider!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
man I wish we had cool spiders where I live.

what I would do to have a sydney funel web!

I've had a huntsman and a few redbacks before but they are too boring, not agressive and they never try to attack.

but after seeing aust rep park's funel web milking.... I WANT ONE!

If any one from the sydney area has a big one they can catch and mail to me I'd pay them!

$5 for a 2cm spider??
Hodges, I've got lots of spiders you can buy.....I will sell you a redback for $5 if you like - unlimited supply......

Wolf spiders are relatively harmless and very common...you could catch yourself one by grabbing a cup and going outside. I even commonly encounter them inside my flat...

Truthfully there aren't too many spiders found around my place. Plenty of redbacks under our rocks around the garden, some bloody big ones too, but not much of anything else. Strange we don't see many huntsman either. I did come across a big black bugger gardening one day - pulled out a impatients plant and it ran out from below it - It might have been a funnel web but I didn't stop to ask it its name - it was squashed blood and guts in about 1 sec!! LOL

Well if you pick them up you always run the risk of being bitten but you arent going to die if it does bite you, though apparently wolf spiders can cause necrotic arachnidism, which causes irritating rashes and such nasties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back