Sporting shooters....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still love gettin out there with the bow, with a rifle the hunt is over when you spot an animal but it has only just started with a bow. the farmers like to see great numbers of pests taken away so rifle defanitly does that better. Would take a bit to shoot roos for the chiller with a bow too lol

This is what i would get if you want a .223, with the good military ammo it should be ok on pigs and you will get a quick second(or more) shot if needed.
rifle_with_scope_better.jpg

How i miss my guns. My personal fave was my Winchester model 1200 Defender. Not much of a hunting gun but it was great to take her out for sport shooting. Used to have a thing for my uncle's 444 Marlin. Now ya got me thinkin about getting licenced here Den, way to go! Just what Australia needs....a Canadian with a gun.

Akira,

Between you and your uncle, it sounds like you had more firearms than the Canadian Military.

This is what i would get if you want a .223, with the good military ammo it should be ok on pigs and you will get a quick second(or more) shot if needed.
rifle_with_scope_better.jpg
cris the most common prob with pump actions is there short barrel they arnt great for long shots and the one we had over heated and started spitting bullets all over the place but do make a good scrub gun

Military ammo is pretty useless on game.Its designed to just zip through Humans and incapacitate them,It doesn"t expand and destroy tissue.On game it usually just lets them run off into the scrub and die slowly not real ethical.

We use to grind down .22 bullets for the euthanasia of small animals...cats, dogs, lambs etc. Worked well.

We filed some 303 rounds down but weren"t very accurate so didnt bother with them,although they did expand.With the price of factory ammo its best to use a good round with a projectile designed to mushroom/expand or fragment :)

i think i'm the only chick to respond to this thread... when i was in perth in june i went to the shooting range with my brother. it rocked!i shot a 22 revolver, lever action rifle and a double barreled 12 gauge. the 12 gauge was the best. i looked into it in sydney when i got back and what a ripp off! it cost be bugger all and no licence or anything in perth, the hour i was there added up to about $60, i would spend more than that on fuel and toll to get to a range in syd, then i'm not even allowed to touch a gun. what a joke
anyway i've attached a pic of me at the perth range when i was having cheap fun. if any one wants info about the place i went in perth i think i still have the card, and if anybody can give me any info about a place in sydney that wont shaft me to have a go i'm keen as.

Attachments

• DSC00860.jpg
    DSC00860.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00865.jpg
    DSC00865.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00868.jpg
    DSC00868.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 14
We have 2 rifles, a .22 Magnum and a .270.

The magnum is awesome for rabbits, foxes etc whilst the .270 is for the bigger things : pigs, deer, goats etc.

Hi everyone. I am 14 years old, 15 in March. Can anyone tell me how old you have to be to get a hunting licence? Also where I cn get one etc. Any info would be apreciated. I live in Newcastle, NSW.

Ben looking on the Aushunt website. Supposibly you can get a Junior Concession Licence at the age of 12. I think you will have to have a licenced adult with you thou.

Oh ok, I didn't think you'd be able to get one at the age of 12, well maybe with a licensed adult.
I thought it would be 18. I could bt wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.