Spotted python bites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davejmac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post after loitering in the background for a while.
My problem is my female Spotted python has suddenly decided that she hates me and strikes at me whenever she gets the chance. This behaviour has only just started in the past week and consequently I have had my first bite. Now I've gone all woosy and am not real keen on going near her. I fed her thinking she may have been hungry but no change.
She hasn't been handled that often however she has always been more of a slink away and allowed herself to be picked up rather than the stand and fight attitude she has now.
The male I have is still fine.

Anyway thanks for any help,
Dave.

Dave, make sure you don't smell of mice when you go to pick her up. Don't know much on this topic but she may have become aggresive as a result of being gravid, have you noticed an increase in weight?
I got told when my spotted would bite me to just pick him up anyway so that they learn your not afraid of them.
Have you cleaned the cage recently and does it have a place to hide, it could be related to stress or insecurity.
hope this helps, Jordo

Someone els will probably say im wrong but from some of the Q's ive asked and the things ive read I would say she may be coming up to a shed :? Maybe, possibly :) If she is you shouldn't handle her coz she'll be grumpy, lol. But if she's not you shouldn't put her back just coz she bit you, wait till she settles down and then put her back otherwise she'll know that she gets what she wants if she bites ya.

Ok peeps yaz can tell me i'm wrong now :lol:

First thing i thought was she may be coming up to a shed. I wish i could say you were wrong jnglgrl but i just can't.. not this time anyway :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back