Spotted Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieBald

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Early next year I will be getting a trio of Blonde Spotted Pythons, 2 of them have bred, and the other may go next season.
My questions are:
1. Are they easy to keep and breed. (i have worked with these pythons as I worked at the pet shop that they were at)
2. Do the hatchys feed very well or are they picky
3. How well do they sell

Thanks Guys

they are easy to breed , i have heard the hatchies can sometimes be a pain to feed they seem to sell i guess it depends on the patterning an colour etc correct me if im wrong please!

is it for your own interest or to make a quick buck?

coz it takes alot of work and man hours to look after babies! non feeders etc...

Last edited:
Hello guys,
Early next year I will be getting a trio of Blonde Spotted Pythons, 2 of them have bred, and the other may go next season.
My questions are:
1. Are they easy to keep and breed. (i have worked with these pythons as I worked at the pet shop that they were at)
Yes, they are easy to keep and breed...

2. Do the hatchys feed very well or are they picky
Yes, the hatchies are generally easy to get going (odd individual always pops up from time to time)

3. How well do they sell
Not very well.... depending on quality, price and breeder reputation most people don't bother breeding them. People would struggle to move "standard" macs for more than $100

Thanks Guys

Hope that helps...

Thanks guys, i dont think i will be breed both of them. to JrFear, these are my cousins animals, he used to own a pet shop and id ask him if he would sell them to me but he always said no. Now that he no longer has to pet and has a different job he doesnt have the time for all of his snakes. I am only new to keeping reptiles (about a year now) and have always been keen to breed them. Its not to make a quick buck its because i love all my animals and cant wait to breed them.

Thanks JrFear, ive been looking forward to breeding snakes ever since i was like 8 years old, now my dream is becoming reality

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back