Staffy x Maltese

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stafftese

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was reading an old thread "Staffy x Maltese" posted on Jan 22 by junglecarpet and there was a comment as follows:

"...a Staffy wouldn't associated with, never mind breed with, a Maltese...."

It is possible!!! Her name is Izzy and she is a Staffy x Maltese... pics below

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,029
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 615
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 616
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,510
very cute. I have seen staffy x Chihuahua's before. they looked just like miniature staffy's. Also saw my jack russell going for it with an american staff, didnt see if she had pups though, as we moved a week later!

Last edited:
it should be illegal to cross breed dogs IMO, i know SOME of the best dogs are mongrels BUT the world isn't getting any better and some of the stupid breeds that come out today where not even thought of being bred back in the day. Some people just cant help but go silly

I bought my Ex a Staffie X Lhasa Apso.

Her name is Gracie.

If she were a designer breed she would be a Sta-apso. . . . (a Statue).

it should be illegal to cross breed dogs IMO, i know SOME of the best dogs are mongrels BUT the world isn't getting any better and some of the stupid breeds that come out today where not even thought of being bred back in the day. Some people just cant help but go silly

Too right. Technology wasn't thought of back in the day either, it's all fooey and we should go back to spears :p

That puppy is SO CUTE. You can see the maltese in his face, even though he still has the big boof staffy head. Gorgeous :D

I'd hope the maltese of the pairing would be the father =\. Cross breeding of breeds completely different sizes is stupid imo.

I bought my Ex a Staffie X Lhasa Apso.

Her name is Gracie.

If she were a designer breed she would be a Sta-apso. . . . (a Statue).

I wanna breed my bulldogs with a ****zu... Ill let you guess what ill be calling them, cause I dont want another warning for stars...

I'm on the fence with the cross breeding issue. I mean I do appreciate a pure bred dog, but just think about how the vast majority of our standard breeds have gotten to the stage they're currently at. All were initially cross bred several times to perfect the standards of this day and age.

i dont know why anyone would want to cross a staffy with anything, staffy trates are very good and shouldnt be crossed with yappers IMO

There are currently Staffy x maltese for sale in a petshop in Melbourne CBD. Im not sure what they would look like as adults.

There is also a Chihuahua x Staffy that goes to the local dog park, now that is cute lol

third pic is soo cute!!

theres a lady that walks the most beautiful red cattle X jack russel near my house,...strange cross, but gorgeous dog!!

Maltese are horrible dogs to cross anything with.
No - much better when crossed with something else. Our rottie always wants to eat the purebred maltesers, but likes the crosses. Of course, this is probably because our fluffdog is a maltese x shih tzu... No point paying lots of money for a crossbreed, even if you call it a designer dog, but many purebred lines are getting really bad due to breeding purely for looks. Some of the german shepherds you see now have such weak hindquarters it's pitiful. Then there are some bull terriers that can't give birth naturally, etc. It has all gotten a bit extreme. I'll stick to my rescue dogs - pure or crossbred.

if i'm gunna have a dog that barks like hell when they sense someone shifty i'd want them to actually do damage to that person not just look at them as they're stealing my sh**, staffys, rotties, pitbulls, huskys are my favourite of all (huskys coz i'd do anything to have a pet wolf:p)

if i'm gunna have a dog that barks like hell when they sense someone shifty i'd want them to actually do damage to that person not just look at them as they're stealing my sh**, staffys, rotties, pitbulls, huskys are my favourite of all (huskys coz i'd do anything to have a pet wolf:p)

Lol, you obviously haven't seen some of the psycho maltese that are around o_O they'll gnaw your foot off at the ankle in 5 seconds flat =p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back