Staffy x Maltese

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a zoo the other day and it only had one dog in it, you guessed it , it was a shih tzu.

No - much better when crossed with something else. Our rottie always wants to eat the purebred maltesers, but likes the crosses. Of course, this is probably because our fluffdog is a maltese x shih tzu... No point paying lots of money for a crossbreed, even if you call it a designer dog, but many purebred lines are getting really bad due to breeding purely for looks. Some of the german shepherds you see now have such weak hindquarters it's pitiful. Then there are some bull terriers that can't give birth naturally, etc. It has all gotten a bit extreme. I'll stick to my rescue dogs - pure or crossbred.

Agreed wholeheartedly, had a disagreement with a german shepheard owner from our dog training club who tried to explain that their hindquarters aren't getting weaker and it's to make their back legs sit more square so they get more power, they only look like that when stacking. In my opinion it's absolute Bulldust!
I'd more willingly adopt a failed police dog and would gladly show it off as a superior specimen to a crap bred exhibition dog. It may not have made the grade as a police dog but it was still bred for function.

The purebred dog community comes up crapping rainbows but it's not until you investigate furthur you realise it's not all it seems.

Very cute pups BTW. It's funny how staff features are so strong no matter what they've been crossed with.

Last edited:
i hate when you go to a pet shop and they have a x of 2 crappy dogs and try to charge people $800, you can buy a pure for that why the hell would you spend that on a x :/

i hate when you go to a pet shop and they have a x of 2 crappy dogs and try to charge people $800, you can buy a pure for that why the hell would you spend that on a x :/

True, or even what you'd pay for a rescue dog that has been given basic training.

True, or even what you'd pay for a rescue dog that has been given basic training.

I am in total agreeance.
I've been running my own dog rescue/rehab & rehoming service for 6.5yrs now. Not only do our rescues have basic training but they are also desexed, C5 vaccinated, microchipped (which we transfer to new family), full vet checked, wormed, deflead, freshly groomed & all vet cert's provided to new families.
We also include 8kg bag dry food, 2 brand new bowls, certified car safety harness with attachment that plugs straight into seatbelt, lead, toys etc.

Our max adoption fee is $550 which is nothing in comparison to breeders & scummy petshops

Maltese dogs are a fine breed, it's the owners that screw them up. Based on personal experience i find shih tzu crosses to be alot more aggressive.

Any breed can be a pain in the *** paired with an ignorant owner.

In todays purebred dogs i find there are two distinct types. The 'show' type and 'working' type. Borders and shepherds are perfect examples. It's in breeds like this where the working type (often the one that isn't registered as a purebred) has better lines without a predisposition for medical issues.

At the same time people who say crossbreds are generally healthier than purebreds are kidding themselves. It's way more complex than just this is healthier than that, it depends on breed, breeding, the breeder and how the dogs are raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back