Stem Cell Research

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he get these treatments? I'm guessing they weren't covered by medicare, do you know how much it cost?

As I stated earlier, stem cell treatments are standard therapy for many diseases including a number of haematological malignancies.

I personally can see and understand both sides of the argument. One side, the pro lifers, look at it as killing a baby, murdering a human life, killing a soul before it has a chance at life. The other side say it is not a life yet, it's unwanted, why waste it when so much good can come from it. The religious nuts are against it, the science nuts are for it....... I hate to say it but religion is like a moral compass or a moral stop gap to science. Without them, scientists would go absolutely morally nuts creating all sorts of weird abominations.......because they can.
I am glad to see religion doing this because this question can be a moral hell hole. I am also glad to see the religious checks and balances looking at this closely because without them, I would hate to see what scientific frankensteins they could create.
On saying all that I think that cloning and harvesting foetuses would be the least objectional way to do it. I think that religion doesn't accept that a clone has a soul, and therefore they can't use that as an argument. Also using aborted foetuses would be the same as using eyes, lungs, heart etc, for transplants, as long as the mother gives consent.
I thought it was law that you can refuse treatment in hospitals.

We don't need more people. We are over stocked on all isles

Is that a good enough and rational enough reason to refuse treatment to people with severe life-destroying disabilities?

I think not. We do have enough people, that's a certainty, at least according to the government because they basically legalised abortion decades ago.

I thought it was law that you can refuse treatment in hospitals.

Unless you have at some stage signed a DNR, and have no one to act on your behalf, if you are in a comatose state, or for some reason can't make a decision for yourself, they have to treat you, otherwise they would be negligent.

There are other ways to get stem cells than just aborted foetuses, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back