stereotype of teenagers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could teenager be a stereotype?

Teenagers are the most known for following stereotypes, eg emos, jokcs skanky girls, metro guys nerds ect.

and the list is endless I think its dumb making teenagers a stereotype its more an age,

I agree with snake boy
And aliveandkicking I luckily wear my pants at the normal level
But I do not deny that i mumble and do get lazy sometimes
But also on the thing of being lazy
I play in three basketball teams and I am also in the state team forr sprinting
That's three games 5 or more training sessions for bball and another 1-2 training sessions for aths plus maybe a aths comp. IN A WEEK
That's also with school homework keeping pets and afterschool debating
So maybe that's not every teen
But it might be like the for a part of us
I wouldn't call terms lazy
Just tired from doing so much stuff

How could teenager be a stereotype?

Teenagers are the most known for following stereotypes, eg emos, jokcs skanky girls, metro guys nerds ect.

and the list is endless I think its dumb making teenagers a stereotype its more an age,
thnx 4 that im going to make that 1 of my key points

Teenagers are ppl between the age of 13-19(inclusive) growing up, some try to fit into various groups(as many old codgers once tried to, with even gayer/lamer cultures) but some are just humans like those outside the age group, and are simply just ppl. Many are spoilt because their parents are idiots, but that is life.

I grew up with no hoping ,never amount to anything type people, who 30 years on are just the same.
So you really can't generalise, as evey generation has/had there share.

*insert generalization* *random vent*

Wish I could wind back the clock back to Uni where there was some scant feeling of hope that I would make something of myself. :D

Anyways people are complicated; and I am sure everyone 'had a dream' back when they where teens before they got a taste of the real world; and sure where a little big headed :D

I guess being almost 26 you get a good taste of life and really is it what you make it, and if being a stereotype emo , goth , punk , jock w/e makes people feel good then I am happy for them.

you should go online and search things like ipod generation or generation stereotypes or gen x , y, z (or whatever teenage gen is atm). also look into how there is a massive stereotype of teenagers being dangerous drivers hence the huge awareness campaigns in aust right now.

So many of todays teens want, don't need; take, don't ask. They have not been taught manners and appropriation of behaviour. Spelling & grammar seems to be a skill they lack, as is the ability to work out simple mathematic equations without IT devices. I think very few would even be able to write a letter. However, this is not the fault of the teen, but the parent & the school systems.

Now I will try to sms my uni student son to see if he woke up to attend his lectures in time today & remind him to come home and help me paint on the weekend or his uni accomm won't be paid for next semester LOL.

lol "kids these days!!" what a funny thread
i think im gunna pin it on... jealousy? :)
im sure you were all hardworking role models when you were kids but dont you get it?
thats the awsome thing about childhood, you dont have to care! so why dont you just let kids be careless while they can

OMG Im so glad that this is how people see the current generation of teens today. Im glad to say other than your typical "attitude" of a teen my daughter is nothing like what has been described above, she is a Top student whom represents her school for many sporting events, trains for swimming 14hrs a week and always has her homework/assignments done on time. Might I add thats on top of out of school Soccer and AAF Cadets and the many animals we have to care for as well. She is also a junior wildlife carer, so all in all she is a great kids.

So as I see from many of the above posts we are not focussing on the good our teens do but more of the disappointing qualities todays society sees in them *hope that make sense wrote and re-wrote this several times*

There is good and bad sides to everyone not just teens and with todays government and expectations it is becoming harder to live as one let alone trying to bring up a family and balance everything just right!

Good luck with your assessment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back