Strange BHP poop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalicious

Reaction score
I usually feed my 8 month old BHP rats but I gave her 2 small quails on the weekend for some variety. I just cleaned her tub and her poop was all liquid and the urates were grainy. Any ideas if this is bad? I it hasn't happened before. Cheers

Possibly the sudden change of diet between different food species. One of my BHPs did the same thing when he was changed to rats but was fine the next time..

My only suggestion would be to monitor closely and get him to a vet if the diarrhea becomes the norm

Possibly the sudden change of diet between different food species. One of my BHPs did the same thing when he was changed to rats but was fine the next time..

My only suggestion would be to monitor closely and get him to a vet if the diarrhea becomes the norm

I agree with Sniper, just monitor her and see how she goes. It probably is just the change in diet.

I usually feed my 8 month old BHP rats but I gave her 2 small quails on the weekend for some variety. I just cleaned her tub and her poop was all liquid and the urates were grainy. Any ideas if this is bad? I it hasn't happened before. Cheers

Always happens when I first feed day old chicks as well. After awhile they seem to get used to it and their poop is a bit more solid, but still softer than when they eat rodents. I guess it's their stomachs getting used to them, plus I guess the feathers dont create as much roughage as rodent fur.

Always happens when I first feed day old chicks as well. After awhile they seem to get used to it and their poop is a bit more solid, but still softer than when they eat rodents. I guess it's their stomachs getting used to them, plus I guess the feathers dont create as much roughage as rodent fur.

What Snowman has said. Fine, young, hollow avian bones vs solid adult rat bones would be a bit of a change too!

Despite the enticemens and potential, I know one thing for certain. You ain't gonna get an invite to Maccas!

Alright well I'm happy to hear other people had the same thing happen, I'll give her a rat next feed and see what happens. If it continues is there any likely causes that I should be worried about?

Mine are the same when I feed them day old chicks. About as solid as water and by god does it stink!!! Day old chicks are by far a cheaper food source for them and they do seem to go nuts for them, but I'd rather pay the extra just to not have to deal with the results!

This is normal and don't expect any change when feeding chicks or quail. IMO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back