Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byjungle

Reaction score
Hi Guys, not sure if i am supposed to attch pics to the post, but here is a pic of a new addition, its a striped jungle, her colours arent the best but i love her, she is so different to others i have seen.
23700P6200007.JPG

23700P6200009.JPG

cheers
M.S

Hey, I think she's a great looking snake.
They don't have to be black and gold to be a nice jungle.
A reckon she will be a stunning looking adult.

Nice snake, one day I might get one, as pretty much all of them are nice looking snakes. Congrats on the new addition, and such a fine one at that.
Cheers

Nice!!!! How on earth do you afford all these new snakes. I have only one but it as already cost $400 so far. Then I have to get a nice big enclosure built for it soon as well. i could understand you being able to afford lot's of childreni, but jungles!!!! All of the ones I have seen with patterns like that have been pretty expensive.
Cheers

Its an addiction i have!All my spare money goes to jungles and enclosures, even my not so spare money goes to jungles, lol.I keep telling myself, this is going to be my last one, then a week later something pops up and it starts all over again.Its quite sad, although the idea of saving money and buying snakes made me quit my $100 a week smoking habit, so some good has come from my new addiction.

cheers
M.S

Hi Moreliaman, i have seen quite a few jungles with a single lateral stripe down there backs, see ace jungles gallery for some pics, but have never seen one with so many semi lateral stripes, but then again, i havent seen all that many jungles, maybe Pythonss could fill us in, i know he has plenty of nice jungles.

cheers
M.S

You must have a lot of spare money!!! Yea my herp addiction has helped me go out and get a volunteer job at TWP, and I used to spend most of my time in front of the TV and stuff and doin homework, now most of time goes towards looking for snakes out bush.

I can relate to jungles story.
The other guys in my band spend their money on drugs but I spend mine on snakes instead. We usually make 2 or 3 hundred tax free dollars each a weekend which really helps build my collection.Funny how a large chunk of my normal wage also goes on snakes.
BTW Brodie..when you say you are looking for snakes in the bush...I hope you mean you are just looking. I hope you arent talking about removing native wildlife from the bush.

Hi MM,
I have to comprimise with going out to Howard Springs area, as I have no other transport except my bike. I have seen 1 Nt carpet (i think), it was a python up high in the trees, and the sun was going down. A few slaty grays, a childreni, and what was either a King brown or an Olive, it was going to fast, and i nearly rode over it on my bike.

Greebo
Nah the only thing i have done like that was pik up a blue tongue that was being attacked by dogs and then releasing in my back yard ( it was being attacked like 5m from my house ne way). And my mum would kill me if i brough a herp back home ne way

sorry bout the topic change, but brodie i have heard u say about the king brown looking like an olive. now when u say king brown u mean mulga hey?? if so i cant really understand the similarity. i aint saying they don't look the same because i have never seen an olive moving heaps fast but i you would like to explain then that would be kool.

cheers
charles

Not heeps fast but it kinda moved across the road pretty quick, I am no expert on snake speeds, but I am hoping that it was an olive, but it was pretty flat ground, and i was told Olives like rocky areas?

PS
I really hope it wasnt a king brown, as they are the one venemous snake that make me stain my pants :oops: . By the way i do mean Mulga Snake

I am glad to hear that Brodie.
People who remove native herps from the wild are scum.
Do you take a camera with you to record what you see?
We mostly see browns and Red Belly Blacks down here...nice snakes but I wont be taking any photos :lol:

The times I have taken my Cam which is twice i have seen nuthin
but i will start taking it
I like red belly blacks they are very pretty, what part in oz do u live
I rekon heeps of ppl take childreni from the bush up here as u dont need a permit or anything for them in the NT

I dont really know, but if it was due to incubator temps, the wouldn't the whole clutch be the same patterning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back