Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in southern NSW, (where it is freezing).

Those people who catch wild Childrens are SCUM. I would use a stronger term if this wasnt a family site.
These animals are Australian natives and therefore protected but I know it happens.The problem with wild caught animals is that they will stress out and refuse to eat nine times out of ten. The animal eventually dies or is released in much worse shape than when it was caught.
I once removed a 3 ft red belly from a neighbours yard which I kept for a fortnight before releasing him in a safe area that would have lots of frogs for him to eat.
I was never tempted to keep him even though it was a beautiful snake. It just would not of been right.

Yea I dont think it's right either ay, i wouldnt be that much against it if it wasnt bad for the snake, but since they suffer a lot it is not good.

My fault...I left out a vital phrase.
It was in a neghbours yard. I live across from a golf course and they come down to the dams. This one must of ventured across the highway and if the neighbours kids hadn't of known about me it probably would of been hit on the head with a shovel.
I'm not being defensive...I can totally see why you asked.
I didn't explain very well :oops:

To be honest i have no idea what the other siblings looked like, why didnt i think of that!!Thanks brodie, will have to ask some questions from the guy i got it from.This forum is so useful, or maybe i am just dumb, probably bit of both!

cheers
M.S

nah thats cool, i will post a pic of an artical of me and a coupla friends in the paper from when i was five and my dad killed a big 3 1/2 mtr olive python that was scaring the next door neighbours fence.
but that was heaps back in the day. and if one of my pythons got out these days i think that my dad would still try get one with a shovel. he hates them so much.

cheers
charles

yea thats what my parents do as well. I have had an experiance like that to but worse and it was not a relitve. My m8 back in Innisfail was out in the backyard, and he looke in a big hole in his yard and there was a snake, instead of getting somebody to remove he poured fuel on it and lit it up. I didnt really care then i was 8, but if someone did that now they would have no teeth left and i would break their ribs, and then call parks and wildlife.

Reminds me of a funny story.
A friend of mine had her 10ft Female Diamond Python out on her front lawn for a bit of a bask in the sun.
A ute came to a screeching halt and a guy jumped out with a shovel,
"Don't move lady, I'll get it!"
My friend had to physically stop the guy from attacking her pet. She then gave him a thorough dressing down in no uncertain terms.
It was a very sheepish guy that climbed back into his ute and drove away. He went from being a hero to a zero!

We should have a topic about stupid ppl trying to kill/catch herps. I am sure we would get a few replies

dont quote me on this but im pretty sure that the stripey phase pythons and boas is caused by low incubated temps and not all but the majority of the clutch are stripey some have lots some have a few

Sub-adults would be nice, looking for the ones with the light backgroud colour.yeah Sarah, thats what i thought, but you never never know, fingers crossed for genetic.

cheers
M.S

i only rang one bloke so far and he only had yearling for $1200 each, if you would like his details PM me and i will give u the phone number.

cheers
charles

HI,
I think Ben Wright has some, but that was probably who Morelia rung. If you can wait till i work again (next sat) I can get you a list of breeders. Also there are a lot of scattered blackheaded breeders around the Darwin area, but again, if you can wait a week I can probably get you a list.

i didn't actually ring ben i rang another bloke who breeds all sorts of australian pythons in the darwin area.
but i am pretty sure ben would have them aswell.

cheers
charles

stripy jungles

hey darren...i like both of your new additions...
strips in jungles is somthing that we have been fiddling with for a while ( with not alot of sucsess i might add :( )

in the wild we get to see a few around with partial striping but even less with full lenght strips.
we have a few of both types which we have breed with but got very few visual stripes in the babys. we have however got full striped babys for normal patterned parent. and neither parent had striping in there parents..lol..
we have also tryed alot of differant incubation temps to try and do as boa breeders and manufacture pattern type.
after doing this for a few years we feel that it dosent work with jungles. but coastal carpets might be a differant story.
we feel to get strips..you must start with strips..and if you dont keep the line pure the domanant pattern eg: banded will take over. but if striped jungles are only breed with striped jungles in a few generations we think that you will then have a good percentage of sriped babys..but i dont think we could totally elimanate the normal pattern from also being present.
no matter what the colour quality is like strips give real charcture..
cheers paul.

stripy jungles

hi mark, sorry about that..
am always getting yourself and darren confused...sorry again..

cant help you with a striped jungle either at this stage.

we will be pairing 2 females and a male together this year..the male has full strip and the females have parcial stripes on them so it will be interesting to see what evolves from them.
cheers paul.

Hi Paul, dont worry about it! Thanks anyway regarding the male i was looking for. And good luck with the stripey ones you are attempting to breed, let me know how you go.

cheers
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back