Strophurus pics please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Close-up

Here's a couple of shots of my golden-tailed gecko I bought from Geckodan a few months ago. I have included a close-up shot of his head to show the wonderfully intricate patterns. There's a whole new world through a macro lens!
Paul.

Attachments

• 6x4 gt gecko full 72dpi.jpg
    6x4 gt gecko full 72dpi.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 6x4 gtg close 72dpi.jpg
    6x4 gtg close 72dpi.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 260
Strophurus are totally under-rated, and my joint favourite Genus along with Nephrurus and Saltuarius.

Here are a couple of my favourites.

Strophurus ciliaris ciliaris with colourful regenerated tail
100_9619.jpg

Pair of Strophurus ciliaris ciliaris with heavy black markings
100_9622.jpg

100_9608.jpg

Strophurus taenicauda with elongated stripe
100_9600.jpg

WA form Strophurus ciliaris aberrans
100_9635.jpg

The only hatchling Stroph I kept back this past season - stripey little fella!
100_9638.jpg

Does anybody here currently have some nice Pseudothecadactylus (Giant Geckos) Pics??

Another neat Species (Northern Giant Caves) that is not as popular as it could be.

Here's a couple of my strophurus enclosures...
100_9683.jpg

100_9684.jpg

Danny keeps plenty of giant caves :0)

Great enclosures Saz!!

How much were those Tub Shelves/ Racks??
Also regarding the heat cord or mat on the shelf base; Are Grooves routed into the bottom for the cord to sit in or does the tub(s) sit directly on the cord and or mat?

Cheers. P.S, How many Geckos would you have now? 500?

Wow Saz, your strophurus cages have changed since we were up there, looking good!

As much as I love my Nephrurus and Underwoodisaurus, I am really hoping to be able to get into keeping some Strophurus and Saltuarius.

Keep up with the pics!

Kane

Loving those enclosures Saz- self made or bought?

I bought them, perfect size for Strophs and easy to keep clean. Much lighter than glass tanks too, I've done away with all my glass tanks now. Kept hurting my back trying to lift the flipping things LOL! About to start a breeding rack project using the 20Litre and 30litre Starmaid tubs.

Mr Spike, the tubs were about $8 each I think, the rack itself cost about $200 from memory. It has a groove routed into the back of the shelves for the heatcord to sit in so the tubs slide nicely. Nowhere near that many MrSpike!! Now that breeding season is over and I have sold all the bubbas I am letting go and I've had a bit of a cull of my collection I'm down to about 70 geckos again. It's Danny that has 500 LMAO!!

Hornet, seriously, get into the Strophs and Saltuarius, they are incredible little animals, you'll love keeping them.

:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back