Strophurus pics please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe saz , did you manage to make em up in under 3 mins an enclosure?

Lookin good!

LMAO!! By the fifth one I'd got it down to a fine art, the hardest bit is putting the lid on, I swore quite a bit putting the first one together!

Will definitely be wanting more of these!! They look great and the animals are having a ball. Alex ended up making stands for them, much cheaper than the $60 exo terra stands!

I bought them, perfect size for Strophs and easy to keep clean. Much lighter than glass tanks too, I've done away with all my glass tanks now. Kept hurting my back trying to lift the flipping things LOL! About to start a breeding rack project using the 20Litre and 30litre Starmaid tubs.

Mr Spike, the tubs were about $8 each I think, the rack itself cost about $200 from memory. It has a groove routed into the back of the shelves for the heatcord to sit in so the tubs slide nicely. Nowhere near that many MrSpike!! Now that breeding season is over and I have sold all the bubbas I am letting go and I've had a bit of a cull of my collection I'm down to about 70 geckos again. It's Danny that has 500 LMAO!!

Hornet, seriously, get into the Strophs and Saltuarius, they are incredible little animals, you'll love keeping them.

:0)

Hey Saz, I think you got Hornet, Rocket and myself mixed up in that post :lol:

Kane

Sarah I too am using those starmaid tubs, I find they are really good tubs in a racking system. I use the 30 litre for my knobtails, I find that they give that little bit of extra depth for them to dig. The 50 ltr are great for my coggeri, leaftails, spinytails in fact anything that loves climbing. I just cut the 2 raised centre parts of the lid out and melt some flyscreen and they make the perfect cage and all for only $10. Just on prices, I have found that Woolies have starmaid on special every few weeks, sometimes the 20, other times the 30 or 50. If you can wait till they come on special you will get them for about 1/3 less than they normally cost. Anywhere from $8-10 for the 30 litre instead of $13. When you go buying a dozen or so at a time it saves a lot of money

LMAO!! By the fifth one I'd got it down to a fine art, the hardest bit is putting the lid on, I swore quite a bit putting the first one together!

Will definitely be wanting more of these!! They look great and the animals are having a ball. Alex ended up making stands for them, much cheaper than the $60 exo terra stands!

hehe pm me when ya want some more enclosures :D

they are leaf insect cages and where being sold at the frog and reptile show last month.only 90 bucks if memory serves me correctly

They are sold as reptile cages and were bought from Trousa for I think it was $66 each.

They are sold as reptile cages and were bought from Trousa for I think it was $66 each.

I HAVE to stop reading your posts Saz.... it hurts my wallet:lol: mmmm, that's a nice gecko..... oh, I could do with a few of those cages.... etc etc

would it be worht freighting them at that price as there not common in sydney and thats the cheapest
/best gecko tank ive seen in a while

They don't weigh much, as they are plastic and mesh, so if you can't source them down there it is definitely worth it.

as mentioned i saw them at the rep/amphib show but that was the 1st ive seen of them and they were identical to urs so for all i know they were made by trousa_snake

Yeah they look pretty good Danny........but haven't you got enough exo terra's.....i mean you've already probably put the CEO's kids through school. lol

They look great! Much better than glass, hope they release them here soon! Any idea how much they are selling them for over there?

:0)

You wait until the new exoterras come in. Look bloody good. Just released in the UK this week apparently.
http://www.hagen.com/canada/english...subtype.cfm?CAT=31&SUBCAT=3103&PSUBCAT=310307

ive seen them and they look great and also work well virtually escape proof BUT the fact that they say exoterra on them will add atleast 50 dollars to the tank.for example my 30 by 30 by 30cm exo terra tank cost me 120 dollars bare(no furniture)im sure these wire cages would have larger dimensions and they are cheaper

ive seen them and they look great and also work well virtually escape proof BUT the fact that they say exoterra on them will add atleast 50 dollars to the tank.for example my 30 by 30 by 30cm exo terra tank cost me 120 dollars bare(no furniture)im sure these wire cages would have larger dimensions and they are cheaper

Woah, the 30x30x30 sell for around $89 here. Some shops sell em for more- I have found $20-$50 difference on the same tanks whilst shopping around Adelaide for the exo-terras:?

They are expected to be about 30% cheaper than the glass ones. The other major difference is the sliding fronts rather than hinged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back