stupid breeder liscensing questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carpetpythonking

Reaction score
hey guys, stupid questions

-1 if you want to breed snakes in nsw do you need a breeders liscence

-2 how much is the liscence if you need one

-3 where can i get one if i need it

hey mate, stupid answers ;)

1 Some people should have to have a licence to breed

2 How much money you got?

3 Right here, please deposit into my account

Hi Carpetpythonking
No you dont need a licence to breed BUT you do need to have just an ordinary Reptile Keepers Licence. They are $60 for up to 2 years from NSW Parks and Wildlife. You just need to document everything that you breed in your log book.
Good luck
What are you thinking of breeding?
Rosemary

yeah thankyou
i already have my liscence and my first carpet python so im gunna start breeding carpets first and then im going to have to rely on you guys to tell me what reptiles people want ^^

Selective Breeding is the key. Dont just Breed the first 2 snakes that you get, choose wisely in order to keep a good blood line.

Just My Opinion:-

And Dont Farm your Snakes, remember why you got into the hobbie, there not cattle. There not a excuse for a job, or a way that you should earn your 'big dollars'.
Too many other people are turning this hobbie into a farming buisiness. We are going to end up with more second rate animals at top self prices.

And if you try and taske it too seriously, you're setting yourself up for disappointment becasue when ur starting out it never goes to plan. Just remember to enjoy your animals and the challenge of getting things right. And def start with something easy such as MD's etc. (well easier)

i dunno where u guys pulled out the assumption im in it for the money i love snakes especially carpet pythons ^^ and i want to have a whole lot of em, oh and btw does anyone know where i can get a pygmy mulga monitor?

as for breeding, just take your time and read alot. pick the good animals so you dont end up with lots of young nobody wants, and i would keep herps for a few years first it alows the breeder to understand the animals they are working with. jmo. as for monitors there should be some available in the next few months maby post in the wated section.

carpetpythonking, i don't think anyone was assuming that you were in it for the money they were just handing out advice
Something I just thought of - If you end up buying snakes to breed from and they come from another breeder as excess stock or something check condition to ensure the breeder hasn't been 'farming' using this snake and its not buggered

farming? how do you mean and i wouldnt mind excess stock well not really more than ten excess stock. oh and btw does anyone know if different carpet pythons will breed like a jungle/coastal morph or a diamond/coastal morph?

Hi Carpetpythonking,

Sorry if my advice sounded as an attack, it wasn't intended that way. Just some advice, you don't want to breed snakes with a kinked tail or 2 heads now do you, lol ;).
Buy 'farming' I mean, breeding, breeding, breeding the same animal just to make some money. It's not healthy for your snake.
as an example I'll talk about Staffys (dogs). There are alott of dog breeders out there that get there dog pregnant everytime she is on heat, and without concideration of her actual health. just for the $300-$400 you get per pup. Now this breed of dog alway was a strong breed with hardly any problems, and now there is allot of pups coming out with hip displaysia, and ADHD. Then other people are buying these dogs and breeding with them, for there $300 a pup, and the cycle just keeps going and getting worse.

My oppinons arn't attacking anybody, just my thoughts that i would hope others take into concideration.

dynea

farming? how do you mean and i wouldnt mind excess stock well not really more than ten excess stock. oh and btw does anyone know if different carpet pythons will breed like a jungle/coastal morph or a diamond/coastal morph?

Yes you can cross these Morelia subspecies but there is alot of people who are against it. Some hybrids like diamond x jungle look pretty and make good pets, but IMO shouldn't be used as breeding animals. There are some people that cross ssp like diamond x coastal and sell them as Intergrades (or Port Mac Carpets) which clearly they are not. I don't mind hybrids being sold as long as they are advertised as hybrids/crosses and not as a pure bred animal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back