Substrate alternatives?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky85

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I havent really investigated this myself, but are there any products which you can buy from bunnings which you can use as substrate? I am in the process of building an enclosure for 2 angle headed dragons, and want to use bark etc as substrate, mainly to help raise the humidity. Can you buy peat moss or anything like that from bunnings?

yep will do. im pretty sure of the packaging of the correct one so should be all good. thanks mate

I use marine carpet and astro turf from Bunnings in my enclosures

I had a look at my local bunnings (i live in vic) but couldnt find the brunnings brand coir peat block. Does anyone know which bunnings or where you can get it in vic?

Shouldn't be that hard to source mate just ring around those closest to you, that's probably the easiest way for ya.

i was in bunnings in cranbourne and i couldnt find any that didnt have fertiliser in it. I've got another thread going on this but its for my GTP. A few people have suggested using sphagnum moss (personally haven't tried it yet) but might be worth a shot?

Yeah it seems a little scarce. I have thought about the call around. Just been a little lazy i guess. Where can you get sphagnum moss?

Should be able to get big bags of cypress mulch as well as sphagnum moss. Over here cypress goes for $5.00 USD and the sphagnum is $3.00 USD.

Playground sand and organic topsoil can be purchased as well, depending on what you are keeping.

As stated before, make sure its organic, not mixed with any fertilizer/chemicals and contains no pine or cedar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back