Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do a full change around once a month at least. all depends on the snake,on how dirty it is...e.g. elapids and bhp's that tend to be messy.
you can tell by looking at the aspen when it needs a good change....noticalbly wet etc.,
its all personal preference.and how busy / lazy you want to be lol

thanks guys.

whats aspen?
im thinking of going the pebbles from bunnings as i can remove them all once a week and was them in a bucket let them dry and re-use them.

I use aspen snake bedding, but if you already have a lrageish collection, thne iw ouldnt use it, it would be too expensive, and too high maitencance, especially compared to newspaper.

aspen is like finely shredded pine/wood. i use it for about 20+snakes and yes it is expensive and can be a fair bit or work but i like it,and i get it at cost price :lol:which helps lol

pic of aspen
P1050011600x450.jpg

I use gravell for the pythons, but got sick of washing it twice a week fror the RBBS, I now use non-slipp matting over newspaper, just throw it in the washing machine.

Im just in the middle of washing and drying out bark chips.
Can they really be harmful to the snake??

At the moment i have some in the oven, to make sure i kill anything lurking..

go tile. it looks natural and easy to keep 100% clean.

I've been wondering how tiles would go with snakes, guess i have my answer. I was thinking of tiling the bottom and basking shelf of my enclosure when i build it, gather tiles would heat up nice but also on the bottom be nice and cool. Plus easy to clean just remove waste and wipe over with some disinfectant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back