substrate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and even if they do, I assume you sleep sometime! :) It may have come out then. As the environment has changed, which may be a little threatening to it, I would think it will come out once it feels a little more secure. In other words, I wouldn't worry yet. :)

Hi gang
How are we all? Here is an update on my snake:
- She came out on thursday night, found her on the Breeders Choice 'cat' litter
-She is fine and found her old skin in the log (21st of Feb) but I didn't take her old skin because she is right near.
But I have a question will her old skin be alright in the log until I get it out?

Yeah the old skin will be fine, it's dead anyway. :wink:
Now you know why she was hiding for a couple days, she was shedding.

I found breeder choice kitty litter made me lazy. I'll back you up africa, I used to make astro turf and there is no similarities with marine carpet. I also found my snakes were ingesting too much kitty litter as it sticks to the rat or mouse and goes down the snakes throat with the food item, I know it's only recycled paper but what about the long run say in 5 years after eating it along with any other parasites that might be harbouring in the kitty litter. I used newspaper,it's the easiest and cheapest,we get 2 newspapers free every week which is just enough to do the job and you don't get lazy cause it may absorb the urine but it don't absorb the smell,so when a snake dumps,you clean straight away. In my small plastic tubs I don't use anything as it is easier to just wash it out. Might have to buy some marine carpet as it sounds good. I have used astr turf and it is horrible,too long and messy!

Well I buy mine from Bunnings but you might be able to get it from a more user friendly store! It costs $30.00 a metre and it is 2 metres wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back