Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name's Harrison and i have recently moved to Queensland, Gold Coast from England and i left behind a large number of reptiles, Bearded dragons, Ball Pythons, Leopard geckos and Corn snakes.
I have heard that the Gold Coast reptile expo is coming up and already know that i need to get a liscence which i have been told can be bought at the expo on the day. I have a few questions though..
. If i buy a liscence on the day, would i be able to buy a reptile on the same day?
. I was wandering if you could leave me some suggestions on some lizards i could think about getting. Something that doesn't get too big and is fairly easy to care for and not too expensive.

Thanks for reading and i hope to get a reply..

Harrison ..

Blue tongues, shinglebacks, beardies, netted dragons and that's all i can think of at the moment lol Oh, ridge tailed monitor.

Thanks for the link.
I was thinking about getting a spotted python or carpet but might just see whats there on the day.
what are the expos like over here? because in England you can buy nearly anything..

Hi ReptileboyH,

Have you thought of an ackie (ridge tailed monitor)? I've been researching them latley and they seem to be a great choice - relatively small, active and easy to care for. They have that monitor look and personality without the difficulties of the size.

I'll be getting myself a pair in the near future.

We don't have a lot of expos here in Queensland, and you won't actually be able to buy an animal on the day, its illegal here.
What you should be able to do, is hook up with people who have animals for sale, get contact information, and organise the sale after the expo.
There should be heaps of other stuff to see at the Gold Coast Expo - enclosures, heating etc. I am looking forward to it :D

The next one will be Scales & Tails on November 13 in Ipswich :D

Just apply, got my license within 5hours of paying and the logbook in 2 days on monday.

this is what i did earlier in the year. took ten mins on the net and i just printed off the license. sent me the book very quickly as well.

welcome to Oz mate, hope you enjoy it here. Lizards not mentioned are pygmy dragons, mountain dragons, painted dragon,tommy roundheads, jacky dragons, southern rain forest dragons, boyds forest dragons, shinglebacks, lots of geckos
please ensure you check what species you are able to keep on your licence in the QLD State as all States are different.
If you want something a little different to beardies and easy to keep start with some Central netted dragons and the Ridge tailed monitors, they are awsome and easy to keep

Hi there! If you were considering getting a spotted you'll have an excellent selection at the expo! Plenty of personality.
Like others have pointed out you can get your QLD licence REALLY easily - heck, you can even get your avian licence at the same time with no extra to pay! I did it just for the heck of it!
Got my licence by email 3 1/2 mins or so after submitting my app. You get your logbook a couple days later - easy!

edit: Oh, and it's a 5 year licence, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back