Suggestions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraftonChic

Reaction score
My daughter has decided she would like a lizard now.
Any suggestions, she has a 2ft tank, something that doesnt sleep in the sand all day and night
We are beginners:D

Getting an enclosure to suit the species you want generally makes much more sense than doing it the other way around. The only diurnally active lizards I'd recommend keeping in a 2' tank are small skinks (Water Skinks would be a good choice) and Bynoe's Geckoes. You could probably squeeze small dragons or even monitors (brevicauda or gilleni) in there if you weren't too fussed about them being happy.

Well that was a silly remark- why wouldnt you want them to be happy?
It just so happens that we have the 2ft enclosure already. So thought we would see what there was.
My tank was made for the bearded dragon that lives in it, as will the 2ft one be

A 2ft tank would probably be to small for an adult beardy as they do like room to chase their food (if feeding live). I would agree with Sdaji a skink or definately a gecko. I have the U. Milli an totally love them - they would be a great beginner gecko for your child - although they are not very active in the day. How is your lovely Dragon going?

How about a garden skink? they are almost impossible to buy but...

Well there's nothing wrong with upgrading your enclosure as the animal gets larger. Or you could get yourself and your daughter a snake such as a childrens. That size enclosure would be perfect.

I would think geckos or small skinks such as whites's skinks, water skinks, regal skinks etc are the most suitable lizards for that enclosure GraftonChic.

But the small skinks aren't the best if you want a lizard you can handle: http://www.aussiepythons.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=53496

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back