summer heating help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering

now that were getting to the warmer months of the year i was wondering if it may get a tad hot for my carpets...
i have my heat lamp on pretty much all day,, and my enclosure retains heat fairly well/.... but recently ive been lookin in thier and the temps.. especcialy during 12-4pm are gettin a little under 40 degrees..and im finding it harder to keep the cool end cooler than that....
should i decrease the time the heat is on during the day or am i just over-worrying..

ALSO.. i recently got one of my carpet pythons to feed by itself for the first time! Thanx for those who heard my anguished cries and gave me advice.. ( the fuzzie tied to a string idea worked) :lol:

maximus said:
hey guys, just wondering

Hey Maximus
40 degrees may be okay for a monitor in the hot spot but is way too warm for a carpet. The only way you an safely monitor the temp is to get a thermostat. THAT040 probe thermostats aren't too bad, I use those and habistats, but if you are short of dollars, go to herpshop.com.au and you can order one for $56.00 which is at least $20 cheaper than anywhere else. Just have to place the probe in your enclosure, set desired temp and plug your light source straight into it, they can take up to 300watts so you could also plug in a heat matt if you so wish..
Due to our unpredictable weather at the moment you would probably be better off going to a lower wattage bulb until you can get a thermostat set up.

cheers
meg

now that were getting to the warmer months of the year i was wondering if it may get a tad hot for my carpets...
i have my heat lamp on pretty much all day,, and my enclosure retains heat fairly well/.... but recently ive been lookin in thier and the temps.. especcialy during 12-4pm are gettin a little under 40 degrees..and im finding it harder to keep the cool end cooler than that....
should i decrease the time the heat is on during the day or am i just over-worrying..

ALSO.. i recently got one of my carpet pythons to feed by itself for the first time! Thanx for those who heard my anguished cries and gave me advice.. ( the fuzzie tied to a string idea worked) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back