Sweety.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Told you she was nice Simon and the rest aren't as nice as that but much nicer than any other scalaris i've seen,although that's not many...

You got any pics of any of the others,i still don't think her colour came out as good in the pic compared to in the flesh she is absolutely stunning and yellow all over...or maybe it's just my laptop screen and i'm not seeing colour properly....hope those eggs hatch for ya man!!!

Whoa! Very sweet looking scalaris, indicus!! :D Do you have any locality data on the colony?

No real local data as such, but i was lucky to purchase a few; as well i recieved few(donated) from a couple people, interested to to help me with establishing a reasonable breeding colony....it couldnt have come about without their support.....However this phase is common on the coast and the hinterland in the north, as well as there dryland counterpart often refered to as 'unofficially' Pellewensis

Sorry Browns, no way to bring out that damn yellow in photo's.....maybe pugsley will be able to give afew pointers......here's the main male :)

A shame you can't capture that yellow,as if people think it's the best they've seen it looks easily twice as nice in the flesh and the others like your main male have the same yellow around the head and throat....beautiful animals and i can't believe i saw one on my verandah not long ago only a hatchy with very bright yellow,must be same form as these guys but a fair bit south from you.

Have you tried taking some pics in the sun or maybe at night with a flash...i'm finding it hard to capture true colour outside but inside with a flash the colour comes out much better....

That male is a stunner too Tre!!! Man I've seen lovely scalaris before, and being that I love these sized monitors, I was always keen but stuck with my tristis because I couldn't find scalaris that compared. These guys make me WANT scalaris!!!

And they look so bloody healthy which is a great thing.

Simon Archibald

I havent tried with a flash yet Browns, but i'm sure they'd be most unamused if i did :D ....Yeah mate i've been told they occur as far south as Rocky?.....a bloke sent me some photos of his the other day, which look very similar, i'll ask him if i can post the pic's
Good-on-ya Simon, glad to see your still into it :D ........heres another close-up of the same girl :wink:....
Hey Ad, wont take'em on ? :twisted:

Just take her inside for a quick shot even during the day....can see the yellow on the throat but it's nicer than that all over in the flesh....top closeup!!!

Hey Ad, wont take'em on ?
I thought I had already put them on my platinum card Indicus!! lol
I got a receipt here somewhere. lol

Good luck with those eggs! Shouldnt be far away!
Cheers
Ad

I dont think ya need any pointers there mate those photos are brilliant would love to see them in real size instead of cropped to fit properly.. as for the yellow maybe under lights it will come out, not too sure..

Thanks all,...I'd still really hope to see some other forms of Scalaris......any pic's???, anyone???

Wow! I want a pair. Ive never been interested in them until now.
Tourett

Hey Indicus,

Best looking Scalaris' I have ever seen. You will get a pretty penny for the offspring! Damn Victorian licencing wont allow us to keep these beauties, but hopefully soon!

Good luck with all the breeding!
Sim

Sorry to bore anyone with this thread, i do love these animals however....for those interested, heres a pic of another animal that is very similar to the pic's i posted.....This animal belongs to another breeder also breeding this morph......Who else is keeping any Scalaris?; their very common in capitivity, wheres the pic's??????????????

They are by far the best scalaris I have seen. Awesome animal Indicus. They will vertainly be worth a lot more than any others around.

You're certainly not boring the varanid lovers. I'd say all the keepers of these guys wouldn't be found on a primarily snake website. But I know there are some pics in the galleries...i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back