Swimming Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kak1

Reaction score
G'day all,

Whilst at a Barbie last night i watched as an asian house gecko ran through a group of us and jumped straight into a rather large swimming pool. As soon as he was in i thought that he'd sink being that i'm new to herps. Instead he powered along with his re-grown tale and climbed out the other side of the pool. Has anyone seen these guys swimming before?

Regards,
Kak

P.S Glad to see i don't have any asian house gecko's on my property west of Dalby as these guys are pricks and seem to attack the other species of gecko's.

erm. most climbin gex swim and the AHG around here don't bother the natives apart from talking all the food.
w00t

Trousa thanks for the reply. Was expecting more replies but you have answered my question. I was always informed that these asian house geckos predate other geckos. Maybe this is not the case. Once again thanks.

Kak

Kak1, The only thing you have to worry about West Of Dalby Are Black Snakes!...
Just Kidding We have Browns Too.....

Geyhra Dubia are Fairly Common out here..

Moose,

Nice one I'm heading out to Chinchilla once i get my car fixed. Haven't been there yet . Are there any places around Chinchilla to herp? What size is your property at Kogan by the way and are there any herps on it?

Kak

Barakula State Forest Is a nice Drive. Went there last night actually.

The Farm is 600 acres. But looks like it might be sold...woohoo.

There are lots of Herps out this way, just need to look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back