Table Saw or Drop Saw?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! "If i was a carrrpenterrr..." Oh that's right I am. There is nothing wrong with ripping melamine with a hand held power saw. just mark it out correctly allow for blade widths and set up a straight edge with a couple of 'g' clamps.
A compound radial arm is only good for angles and not worth the cost for a couple of enclosure dress fronts. Nor is a table.
Unless your going into business making cabinets or enclosures I'd just buy a power saw, keep the blade sharp and learn how to use that.

Haha thanks Cement. It wouldn't ONLY be used to enclosures. I love makings things out of wood in general so I wanted something I would get the most use out of. Maybe you're right though and I should just stick with my trusty circular saw

If you have the room i have a panel saw and edge bander available that I dont use any more. It will take full 2400 x 1200 sheets or even 3600 x 1800 and suitable for making kitchens!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you already have a circular saw Sax then i wouldn't worry about the table saw, a sturdy bench some clamps and a straight edge will do the same job. IMO those ones on ebay are pretty exxy, the tried and true Makita LS1040 that many builders will have is only $359 at Bunnings 1650W 255mm Makita LS1040 Compound Mitre Saw - Bunnings Warehouse the sliding version which would be better is only $479 255mm Makita Slide Compound Mitre Saw - Bunnings Warehouse Depending on how much you would use it they have some cheaper brands as well.

Last edited:
I agree with Dan, if you've got a circular saw don't bother with the table to bolt it to, they're handy, but it doesn't really give that much advantage, if you get a compound mitre, try and get a slide compound mitre saw, they give you the best width of cut instead of ~25cm you would get with just the straight compound mitre saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back