tail docking?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the note of the RSPCA and their tail docking view-some breeders have continued to perform tail docking, they have been taken to court and NOT ONCE could the RSPCA prove that their tail docking techniques were cruel. I think that it is a personal choice that should be left to the breeders (this does not include backyard breeders that have no clue about tail docking). Breeds that have their tails docked are done so for a reason.

It must be understood that since tail docking has been performed for such a long time on some breeds, their spines are not always suitable to handle the pressure of the long wagging tail.

it has been preformed for such along time for ASTHETIC reasons... nothing else.
and i believe they prove its cruel by people not actually using any aenesthetics.
coz i imagine pushing a knife through your spine and spraying detol on it after constitutes "painful"

So are you getting a pitty or a doberman?

donk

ok, why is the term "dog owner" and "cat owner" used? that was the same context i was inplying.

What would you call it then? its a given term to indicate a person posses it!!
being an owner does not give you the right to put a living thing through pain to make yourself feel better about the asthetics of the animal!!!

so according to this logic, you shouldnt keep a dog in a yard, a child in a house??

no you have interpreted my sentence wrong.
Why do people keep animals, because they want to. there is no need to keep animals at all.
same reason as for docking, because people want too.
thats was the point i was trying to make.:D

Girls go wild for it member posted this What planet are you on mate?? How many girls have you had that have stated this too you? "I go wild for a circumcised penis"

Gezz inky, have a decaff or somthing.

It was a joke, as in "girls go crazy over anything thats 10% off" its a punn "shopping, 10% discount, bargain".

I thought that was pretty obvious:rolleyes:

Donk

Was expecting JOKES in a serious thread have a decaff or something? Perhaps you should treat threads with the respect they deserve !! "Get a brain transplant or something" Just joking

no you have interpreted my sentence wrong.
Why do people keep animals, because they want to. there is no need to keep animals at all.
same reason as for docking, because people want too.
thats was the point i was trying to make.:D

When a person keeps a animal, i would like to think they are infact doing that animal a favour by giving it a good, happy ,healthy life.
If this is not the case they should not be kept!
I will end this arguement here as I dont think there is much point in trying to talk sense into someone who supports this practice!! that and my missus wants a go on here!

What would you call it then? its a given term to indicate a person posses it!!
being an owner does not give you the right to put a living thing through pain to make yourself feel better about the asthetics of the animal!!!

ok, so you have never owned a pet? you leave your gates or doors open and animals come and go as they please. you have never payed for a pet then and you certainly dont have any paperwork to prove you keep anything? because you do not "own" any animal.

well it dosen't give you the right legally now in australia but it did before 2004 in australia and many other people in many other contries decades before. how do you know its painfull or not? its already been said that dogs can't talk.

Was expecting JOKES in a serious thread have a decaff or something? Perhaps you should treat threads with the respect they deserve !! "Get a brain transplant or something" Just joking

Fair enough mate,.

Donk

Last edited:
ok, so you have never owned a pet? you leave your gates or doors open and animals come and go as they please. you have never payed for a pet then and you certainly dont have any paperwork to prove you keep anything? because you do not "own" any animal.

well it dosen't give you the right legally now in australia but it did before 2004 in australia and many other people in many other contries decades before. how do you know its painfull or not? its already been said that dogs can't talk.

PAINFULL YOU BET Shrieking vocolisations may not be talking but let you know pain is happening. If you were having your finger cut off big chance you couldn't talk but would make a vocolisation of some sort

If you are going to take the con side in an argument at least be sure of your point before making it.

Old saying "It is better to remain silent than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

The basic nervous system of a dog is fully developed at birth and the available evidence indicates that puppies have similar, if not increased, sensitivity to pain as adult dogs. Docking a puppy's tail involves cutting through muscles, tendons, up to seven pairs of highly sensitive nerves and severing bone and cartilage connections. Tail docking is usually carried out without any anaesthesia. Puppies give repeated intense shrieking vocalisations the moment the tail is cut off and during stitching of the wound, indicating that they experience substantial pain. Inflammation and damage to the tissues also cause ongoing pain while the wound heals.

silly Inkslinger....

thats not pain... its pleasure... don't you know they need their tails docked?
if the dog could speak it'd say "nah its fine, cut through my spine... how COULD it hurt? no nerves there or nothing"

why would someone remove a dogs tail ??

why would someone remover there childs foreskin??

Why would someone chop down a perfectly healthy tree, or dam a river when it isn't really neccessary, or pierce the ears of a baby, or spray their home for spiders... Or my personal favourite, (performed the world over bymost of the same people that will sook about docking a tail/trimming ears/removing a foreskin)... trick a happy fish into taking a mouthful of barbed metal then drag it around the ocean/river and hold it up by said hook, as it suffocates out of the water.

Hypocrites, everyone.

Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

silly Inkslinger....

thats not pain... its pleasure... don't you know they need their tails docked?
if the dog could speak it'd say "nah its fine, cut through my spine... how COULD it hurt? no nerves there or nothing"

Your correct of course how stupid of me I must research my answers more before I just post willy nilly as for common sense it isnt' that common so wont even go there:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back