tail docking?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would someone chop down a perfectly healthy tree, or dam a river when it isn't really neccessary, or pierce the ears of a baby, or spray their home for spiders... Or my personal favourite, (performed the world over bymost of the same people that will sook about docking a tail/trimming ears/removing a foreskin)... trick a happy fish into taking a mouthful of barbed metal then drag it around the ocean/river and hold it up by said hook, as it suffocates out of the water.

Hypocrites, everyone.

Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

Can answer one of those
You know my trade, I pierced my childrens ears at 2 weeks of age neither woke up during the process no seditives etc were given, luck no, being experienced at the procedure understanding the human anatomy and a few other things helps. As for reasons they were not just done for the look no religous etc.
The other piercings my children have since had done they have requested some they have said were mildly painful others they didn't feel.

Yes fish feel pain, Yes I have caught and eaten fish usually when I am out bush, I like fresh food and I am not a vegetarian. I do not fish hunt etc for fun.

Hypocrites, everyone.

Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

Wow.

Most breeds that get their tails docked were docked for a reason - usually health reasons.

Terriers got done because they are rat hunters and snap and get infected.

mrboajangles: Whippets are not a docked breed so it doesn't matter what your whippet does with its tail.

When a person keeps a animal, i would like to think they are infact doing that animal a favour by giving it a good, happy ,healthy life.
If this is not the case they should not be kept!
I will end this arguement here as I dont think there is much point in trying to talk sense into someone who supports this practice!! that and my missus wants a go on here!

They don't feel it and you haven't proven it yet.

If I own a breed that is prone to breaking it's tail which could lead to a long painful recovery then I'd rather it docked.

Australian Terrier breeders have dropped by over 80% because they can no longer dock and docking was done to ensure that wouldn't happen.

I have no idea what question you asked, probably didn't even bother to read your post. My comment was about the whole thread, not one person in particular.

Touch a little nerve there did I ? ;)

Oh wait... was yours the post I quoted ? Sorry about that, I didn't read the name of the person who wrote it originally, simply used it because you started the questions for me within.

Thanks for that. :)

ts just like being circumcised, why have'nt they outlawed that?

because of religion, cleaner and it pulls more chicks ;)
I can talk, and I am glad I was done woot~
but I sure as heck wouldn't like it done as an adult *shiver* ouch! and recovery and stuff...

plus there actually some medical considerations, there have been some studies in several armys and it's pretty much way better in some conditions, far less problems when you can't shower at least every few days.... and hell, it simply looks better ;) IMO
I haven't met a girl yet who prefers it uncut.. hmm

dragozz that doesnt really fit the current theory of evolution. Their needs to be a reason for dogs to develope weak spines other than they just dont have one.

yes theory this and theory that, I am talking about what is happening in practice. Go talk to breeders that have had breeds with docked tails and now are forced to leave the tails and see what problems are coming up. So yes theory is one thing, practice is another. I would have to say that for breeding a specific breed for at least over a hundred years with tails being docked, I would say that certain traits have developed.

This issue should be left to the registered breeders that dock properly with procedures that must be followed.

Everyone is talking about tail docking, yet its ok to desex? The dog has no say about that too. Come on.

Also many dogs are subjected to cruelty, others are being put down in pounds if no one selects them for adoption. I don't see that being a vary passionate issue yet it should be seriously brought into attention.

Just for the record people......circumcision is performed primarily for medical reasons. It is done as it makes the penis much cleaner and avoids the possible build up of bacteria which can lead to infection. You can get a couple of conditions for varying reasons in which you are unable to pull your foreskin back and then have to get circumcised much later it life. This can be much more embarrassing if done at older age (my mate had to get it done at 16) then when you are a toddler.

Also it just looks better, lol.

Why didn't your mate just clean it?

My kids will never be circumsized because it is cleaner. He can learn to clean it and if he chooses not to and it gets infected then tough luck - his fault. I hope it hurts.

why would someone remove a dogs tail?? the only reason i can think of is for fighting purposes!! dogs were born with tails for a reason!!!
fighting dogs use their tail for ballance as do most animals that are alowed to keep their tail.

Now that it is illegal to have tails docked more people do it themselves than ever so how has making it illegal helped. The laws would have made more sense if they were truly worried about the dogs if they only made it illegal to do it yourself. The laws just should of been only a vet could do it. Now that vets cant do it more are being done by doityourselvers. Even though i have seen and even owned dogs that had badly docked tails that were done by vets..They still dock lambs and rams by rubber band of course rams lose more than a tail....

Circumcision has medical reasons & as posted earlier i am glad to be done as if something did happen later in life having it done sooner [baby] than later [adult] is defineatly better.Plus it is easy to say to clean it but sometimes can not be done by oneself due to accident ;old age or other medical reasons, Not even nurses think to or will pullback foreskin when washing patients i know as my wife probably saved a old mans penis from rotting away in a nursing home ..Just cause of the smell of rotting flesh was it even noticed.I think most would agree that circumcision is better than having it rot away on you..This is not an isolated incident either.How many chicks not just nurses want to clean an old mans penis at all let alone a uncircumcised one...properly....

One of my mother's friends has Hungarian Viszlas, and they have a third of their tails docked, because apparently the tail tip is fragile and can break easily. I don't know if that's true or if it's an excuse to keep the Viszla look going. At least those dogs have most of their tails left.

I haven't met a girl yet who prefers it uncut.. hmm

Well, now you have. How about that?

My kids will never be circumsized because it is cleaner. He can learn to clean it

I agree.

rubbish , circumcision on humans should be outlawed , do you think this ok to mutilate a female by circumcision ? , it was origanly preformed for religus reasons and we all know how real the bible is , haha, than it was adopted by most people for variing reasons, the fact is boys a born with it on for a reason , its there to protect the head for the penis , how many time have you got your old fellow stuck in your fly ? i know the last time i did i wish i had my foreskin back,
people are just lazy or thay feel thay cant teach there sons how to clean themselfs , the worst excusie i have heard from a mother as to why she choped her son was because she thinks it looks better ?? , sorry but thats just sick ,, when my boys 3 and 4 ask why my persanol space is differnt i tell them NANA choped it of when i was young for no reason at all ..hehe ....also a uncut penis is a lot more senetive during sex so all us cut guys dont know what were missing out on .....if you live in a cave or are homeless and cant be bothered washing yourself then you will get probs , but in todays wolrd its a tiny number of people that have probs ,how many people get STD,s everyyear, uncut men have a lot less chance of getting a heap of differnt STD,s,, my uncle had his done at 74 years old and he wished he never had to , he says it has stuffed his sex life.....kids ( boys) are born with there hands on the penises for a reason my kids spend half the day playing with themselfs , because its ment to be that way, without know it thay clean there own penis all day long .

One of my mother's friends has Hungarian Viszlas, and they have a third of their tails docked, because apparently the tail tip is fragile and can break easily. I don't know if that's true or if it's an excuse to keep the Viszla look going. At least those dogs have most of their tails left.

Your mums friend is right - not docking their tails is cruel as it leads to problems further in life. Problem is now they can't dock them at birth so they have to wait till something goes wrong and have major surgery.

Perhaps someone should start a new thread on circumcision so that this thread doesn't get closed?

my rottie has a tail and he is the most beautiful dog i dont see the point in docking tails it just makes them angry violent animals when they grow up

my rottie has a tail and he is the most beautiful dog i dont see the point in docking tails it just makes them angry violent animals when they grow up

Wow. Care to supply me with proof that a docked tail makes them angry and violent?

Rotties tales were docked because they are cattle dogs - you know, a working breed? The cattle would stop on their tails and such and the tails would get caked in cow crap causing infections so the tail was docked for hygiene reasons.

Believe it or not some people still do use rotties for farm work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back