tape with matts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arbok

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey,
im setting up my bhp enclousure... i have an urs ultimate heat matt, and im wondering if i can tape it to the outside of my enclousure with electrical tape?

its a plastic tub if that changes anything :)

I have heatmats stuck to the bottom of my glass tanks, I find that the best stuff I've used so far to keep them stuck on is double-sided mounting tape. Its the stuff that's thin foam that's sticky on both sides. Everything else I"ve used has just turned into a sticky mess and hasn't held properly.

I run strips of it along the clear mat edges that aren't heating element. The thickness of the tape allows a very thin gap between the glass and the mat, but the heat transfers very well anyway.

why on earth would you want to ? :?

the heat never seems to get through when its not in contact with the container :shock:

maybe you mis understood.... im taping it to the bottom... and the reason is because the box has little standing up things in each corner which raise it off the ground a fair bit...

and glider you can only use thoughs ones with glass enclousures :cry:: woops thought u meant the exo terra sticky side ones!, i need some sleep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back