tawny frog mouth???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow its amazing!! thats good that it had birds to mix with, hopefully its doing well out in the wild, its nice seeing birds like that, its the 2nd time i have seen stuff like that near here lately its great

That bird was 5 minutes from Sydney CBD, near South Head. It was sitting under a parked car on a buisy road, I just glimpsed it as I drove past after taking my wife out to Doyals for our 10 year wedding anniversary, as I pulled the car over my wife said " I hope your not stopping for another ####### snake!"

its taken me so long to post this the site went crazy on me lol
hahahahahhaha thats hilarious ---> I pulled the car over my wife said " I hope your not stopping for another ####### snake!"

HAHA atleast u got it tho because other wise it would have been run over! how many chicks do tawnies have at a time?

Tawnies have an very unpleasant body odor, sort of a meaty rotten egg smell. Could be wild diet related (I've only had rehab animals), but not something i'd consider keeping inside.

I've had a rescue smell the same way. Pretty vile odour indeed. And I think you are right, its probably diet related.

Yeah? I had the same prob. Everything was in purple & white. And I was being redirected all over the place. Gremlins I think!! [ My car has them too :lol: ] I am going to see my mate who has the tawnies tomorrow after work. I will make sure to take my camera. Someone said Tawnies are stinky but I haven't noticed that about them. Mind you she keeps hers outside in natural type aviaries. Hahaha. She literally just throws wire over the bushes, then puts posts in where needed. You'll have to come up & I'll take you out there Lana. You'd love it. 13acres of paradise!!!!:eek::D

Oh no i wasnt post banned or what ever its called the site was having errors and not loading and the txt was purple and white!!! i was worried for a sec lol, yea take some pics of ur friends ones!!! thats great i will treck up ur way some time sam lol but i probably will find it hard to get me to leave lol ill pack up my animals pitch a tent n vacate to ur back yard lol!

Pics as promised. First pic is the handraised Tawny babies, #2 is mum, #3 is dad, #4 is a shingleback & #5 is a black falcon. All the Tawnies share an enclosure, I was just lucky the babies were all lined up nicely!:lol: The black falcon was joined by 2 others & 3 kites.They are not easy to get pics of cos they don't stay still very long. The wedgetail eagles were not there today.:( I was looking forward to getting some good pics of them.

Last edited:
IMG_0929800x600.jpg

they are easy as to care for in captivity and even wild ones get used to you and hand feed however alot of states dont allow you to keep them this is the case in WA

Not Tawnies but I think worthy of sharing anyway. Well, maybe just one more Tawny. She has 7 all together, mum dad & the 3 kids & 2 other unrelated birds. The feathers are so soft and the pattern on each feather is absolutely gorgeous. What a marvellous bird!
#1 Eastern roos #2 Eoros #3 Dama Wallabies #4 Unrelated Tawny #5 Swamp Wallaby

Last edited:
aw arnt they adorable!!!! there so amazing i really love the pics sam thankyou so much for posting them!

love the black falcon if only falconry was legal in aus id have a brown goshawk or a perigrine or black falcon

That is an awesome pic Ramsayi! I just noticed that your Tawny is grey while ours are more brownish. I wonder if there is a reason for that?
nuthn2do...I asked about the smell. I was told that hers had never smelt like that but guessed that it could be cos some people feed them egg when rehabilitating them. She said it was a guess though.
Kenshin...I wish I could have got better pics. We have a Corella problem in Strathalbyn. They come in their hundreds. The council has tried the usual remedies like shooting & gassing, despite much uproar, but are now about to trial a Wedgetail Eagle & a Goshawk. I'll make sure I go & take pics. Should be unreal A couple more pics....#1 brown hawk, #2 baby [ love the yellow mouth, a very BIG mouth ] , #3 Mum again
Notice they are more brown than yours Ramsayi ?

Last edited:
Not sure why the colour difference kakariki.These are backyard residents in Sydney.

IMG_0909800x600.jpg

Heres a photo of my Bluewings as requested.

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 70
oh wow there beautiful looks like u have a great size avairy for them too!! i spoke to the man who u bought them from he is callling me when he gets more babies and i am getting another avairy from golden grove next wk woohoo

They are different sub Species, 3 sub species of Tawny's. And 3 species of Frogmouths, Marbled (2 sub species) and Papuan (found at the cape, no subs)

A photo of my Breeding Pair of Laughings and young.:D

Attachments

• LEFT_TO_.jpg
    LEFT_TO_.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 58
Now THAT is awesome. Cheers cougars. I didn't realise the blue was so bright. Are they hard to look after? Those aviaries look pretty high. What size is it? [the aviary] Sorry....so many questions..lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back