Temperature help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khazit

Reaction score
Hi guys just need a bit of advice. I've set up my snake cage heat pad and a light for my 8 month yr old diamond python but my problem is it can get really hot where I stay the thermometer hit 36 degrees with the heatpad on. It sits at 31-33 degrees (all round the cage) with the heatpad off and fans on. I'm not sure what I can do to help keep him cooler during the days and nights. Right now its at 31.1 degrees at 10pm :|

Sitting it on the bathroom tiles can help. If you know the day is going to be that hot don't bother having any heat on at all

I'll do that if I have to (I have a few kids running around with only 1 bathroom ill be worried about the snakes safety) but thanks for the tip! Any other ideas?

Was about to ask a similar question what are you doing on a super hot day?

When does it become harmful for the children python temperature wise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For really hotdays you could always freeze water in an icecream container and chuck in one end it should help bring down the temp a little

We put the split system in the other room on and leave the doors open to let the cool in. If it's super hot I pop some ice blocks under the water bowls too.

Maybe try on the floor in the garage if that is cooler or try the ice method. It also sounds like you do not have a thermostat, is that the case and if so I would make sure I got one.

The main thing is to turn any artificial heat off when warm days are coming so that you start with cooler temperatures. A few days at 25 c wont hurt, just as a few hours at 35c wont, as long as some relief is available. It is unusual to have consistently high temperatures over say 35C in Australian houses. Ceiling insulation is the single biggest contributor to reducing inside temperatures in Australian houses.

Thanks guys for the input , I have a thermometer and on days I'm home no problem will switch Aircon on but we will be on Holliday for two weeks ( have someone coming in every two days changing water) but will not be able to switch heating on and off etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back