Temperature rising

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the weather in Sydney today, I thought it worthwhile to bump this thread for anyone who may not have seen it. Some helpful tips contained within.

:p

Hix

Slateman said:
serpenttongue said:
Good idea Slateman, i may do the same. I've tried using a fan but all it does is blow the warm air around instead of cooling the room down.

The small one will cost you about 650 and you just run duct out which remooves the hot air out. Duct is 100 mm and you can close it in window. Attachement is provided. I just cut hole through the wall. The aircon have thermostat controll and timer.

Do those portable ones use a gas cooling system just like the split ones and the box ones on windows? cause i have used the evaporation ones and they suck really bad. Im thinking of getting one at some stage soon and want to know if they actually cool the air by gas methods or just by blowing it over water vapours. And i dont want the humidity to get too high either i now have shinglebacks and its hard enough to keep it under 50% in here!!

Cheers, Alan.

Re: RE: Temperature rising

lutzd said:
Last year, under similar conditions, I filled plastic drink bottles with water and froze them. On really hot days I wrapped them in a towel and put them in the enclosure so they'd have a nice cool spot to sit. The towel is to prevent them sticking to the frozen bottle! :shock:

I did the same thing last summer on the really hot days and it worked a charm.

RE: Re: RE: Temperature rising

The small one will cost you about 650 and you just run duct out which remooves the hot air out.
I'm guessing that would be a great way of keeping humidity down as well.

It is proper aircondition shermy, not just cooler.
I buy it becaose I lost one snake during summer. I used frozen botles and snake catched respiratory problem by resting head on bottle with ice.

Sorry to hear that Slatey. :(
I wonder if it would be easier just to keep their water cooler, since thermostats will cut off heat at set temp, if their too hot they will go coolest place, like soaking. If you kept bottles of water in fridge and changed the water more often, they could cool easier in refridgerated water. (not icy, just cool) ? Any possible problems with this idea? Im sure cool water wouldnt stay too cool for long but its better than same temp as enclosure yes?

I mist my beardies when they look hot, the breeder that I bought them from said that that would be fine. Would that hurt a python?

I know a lot of people like those portable refridgerated aircons, but you are much better off with one of the old fashioned window units. Cheaper to buy, more efficient and you don't have to empty the water tray every day.

Sherm the evaporative coolers are just that, coolers, they are not air conditioners and that is why they suck in comparison to an air con. I agree Mags, the window rattlers are far more efficient :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back