Temps for jungle pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

87batesy

Reaction score
Port Pirie, South Australia, Australia, Australia
Well i broke my heat light globe today being silly (i was being obsessive about the angle of the globe)

Anyway the globe i broke was just a standard heat/light globe 75w which had in there kept the temps around 27 during a cold day and 29 on a warm to hot.

I brought a URS Basking 100w globe to replace it and its pretty cool at the moment and the thermometer says its 32 at the moment.

Is that too hot? because most things that i have seen say to keep it around 30 during the day.
another thing im worried about is when i go to work tomorrow it may go up a degree or two

Meaning it will be on 34 degree's for ten hours..................... what should i do????

By the way what are the min/max day/night temps most jungle owners use?

I'm unsure of the temps, but if you're worried about overheating you could always get a thermostat to stop it going past or to far below a set temperature. Unless you already have a thermostat, then just ignore my rambling :p

Last edited:
Pulsating thermo's are not for basking globes, what u want is a dimmer thermostat.

pulsating is more for non light giving ceramic heaters and probably can be used with heat cord but not with the bulbs

Too me, 27-29 degrees is too cold. I have my jungles at 31-34 degrees, with a dimming thermostat, so it can vary, though it works out well. The heat builds up, gets to 32-34 degrees, around noon, then dims down, like the natural heat from the sun, similar in a way.

Make sure you have a permanent cool spot, whether it's 20-25 degrees. 32 degrees is perfect, keep it that way, 29 degrees is a little under the average.

I like to keep my jungle hot end at about 31-32 I keep it a little warmer if possible. As long as the cold end doesnt get too hot, the snake can move around to a spot where its comfortable.

Im in agreeance that 27-29 is less than optimal given that they do come from quite a warm environment

As outlined above, your previous temps were too cool.

34 is fine for the hot spot, as long as there is a cool area the animal can retreat to. What are the temps on the cool side of your enclosure?

At this current point of time 27.8

How old is your animal? Temps are still too cold, and you haven't answered the other question about temperatures. Is there a cool area for your animal to retreat to? What is the temperature in this area?

Your animal needs a heat gradient in order to regulate its body temperature. If the temperatures are not adequate, you will likely encounter problems soon enough.

hi guys, i also have a jungle and would like to know similar. Atm i have a yearling. i have one 4ft enclosure separated into two have one coastal on one side and a jungle on the other. at the top of the enclosure i have between 33-35, middle 28-30 and around 23-24 at the bottom. I find the jungle stays at the top 90% of the time does this mean my temps are still to low? what is a good cool side temp for a jungle?

Sorry Melissa i should have explained in more detail its 32.4c at the warm end and currently the cool end is 27.8

She 2 and a half years old and roughly 1.2 - 1.4m long

No problem.

Warm end is okay (I wouldn't drop it too much), but I'd attempt to get the cool end a little cooler in the long run if possible. The gradient isn't so bad, but could be better. It's good for them to have access to a range of temperatures in order to effectively regulate their body temp.

hi guys, i also have a jungle and would like to know similar. Atm i have a yearling. i have one 4ft enclosure separated into two have one coastal on one side and a jungle on the other. at the top of the enclosure i have between 33-35, middle 28-30 and around 23-24 at the bottom. I find the jungle stays at the top 90% of the time does this mean my temps are still to low? what is a good cool side temp for a jungle?

If your snakes have access to temps ranging from 35-23 then this is fine, and as long as they feel secure at both ends they will be wherever they need to be in order to keep their body temperatures at what is required. The cool end temp isn't a problem as long as its not too hot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back