Thank goodness I listened to my "gut feeling"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starr9

Reaction score
I had just got Charli out for a hold and a check over as I was watching TV and all went well!

So as Im putting her back into her enclosure I notice I need to pull my finger out and get her new enclosure asap! She needs to upgrade and the lid (its all mesh wire but due to opening/closing, the wire has come away creating some gaps) needs to be fixed asap. So I put her in and place some heavy objects on top to try and stop her from getting through till morning (going to get something to replace it in the morning!)

So I sit down to watch War of the Worlds and I have this feeling I need to go check on Charli. Im so so glad I did because as I walk in and turn the light on there she is last bit of tail up and through the lid!!! :shock::? So I hand her over to the other half and think "Thank goodness I listened to my gut feeling or I could be typing a "Lost Stimmi" thread!"

So lid is zippy tied till the early morning where Im off to Bunnings!!

So who else out there has had a close call like mine!?!? (No flaming required I know I should of picked up on the problem sooner!!)

Yer I drilled a hole in the back of my cage to put a light fitting through I forgot to close it back up did everything else put the tricks back in his cage went to work and while I was at work I remember about the hole ... Lucky he was all tucked out and haveing a nap

2 days ago I walked in to find my younger Bynoe's gecko on the shelf beside her enclosure.... I put her in a tub while I fixed the gaps, went back to get her and she wasn't in the tub! Found the little thing wandering the mesh top of my beardie's enclosure, now that was close :shock:

When noodles was a baby we used to call him Houdini - found him out and about on the front yard three days later with cars driving on and off the lawn - could have easily been squished noodles- put him back in his big cage only after going to bunnings and getting a roll of the stick carpet type edging!

My mate got a new albino Darwin recently and it made it's way out of it's holding tank and he woke up to find it curled up next to him on the bed.

My mate got a new albino Darwin recently and it made it's way out of it's holding tank and he woke up to find it curled up next to him on the bed.
Sizing him up to eat I bet ;)

Thank's everyone for all the story's! Glad Im not the only one!!! hahahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back