The beginings of my Bredli enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first coat of grout on bowl.jpgwaterbowl.jpgI didn't like the way my last water bowl looked when it was sitting in the enclosure. So here is the new one I'm making. The grout is still wet in the pics and I'll be sanding some rocks a bit more when it drys. I have made this water bowl cover so it will sit over most large garden pot trays (which is the brown thing sitting in it at the moment).
close up of water bowl.jpgClose up of waterbowl and plants
water bowl and plants.jpg

Male rat.jpgAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!!!! RAT!!!!!! OK I decided to share some pics of the four legged critters who love to make yum yum babys for the tribe(no - not the kids I feed them on cat). Tried to put him in water bowl but his little legs started swinging...freestyle style. Isn't he cute?

OMG that is unreal!!!! I want to start mine but money is holding me back at the moment. Im going to start buying little things each week.... cant wait, yours and so many others are so inspiring

Hi bluey87. No I don't have any problem feeders so my snakes all take dead feeds. Soda machine that attaches to click-clack tubs.
do u feed your snakes live rats? if not how do u kill the rats?

OMG that is unreal!!!! I want to start mine but money is holding me back at the moment. Im going to start buying little things each week.... cant wait, yours and so many others are so inspiring
OMG that is unreal!!!! I want to start mine but money is holding me back at the moment. Im going to start buying little things each week.... cant wait, yours and so many others are so inspiring.

That is exactly how I started. Collecting one bit at a time. The enclosure cupboard was actually the last thing I bought because I was determined to pick one up cheap. PM when you get started on yours...I love looking at everyones DIY's. Never enough pics on here to look at. And Thanks!

Last edited:
how do u euthanise the rats? just asking because it might be a good thing to start doing myself my reptile obsession is just gettin bigger

With a soda machine that attaches to a click clack tub. If you go to FORUM and the is a DIY ZONE and there is a sticky on HOW TO USE C02 GAS CHAMBER.
how do u euthanise the rats? just asking because it might be a good thing to start doing myself my reptile obsession is just gettin bigger

With a soda machine that attaches to a click clack tub. If you go to FORUM and the is a DIY ZONE and there is a sticky on HOW TO USE C02 GAS CHAMBER.

ohk sorry didnt know what u were talkin bout the first time u wrote it

It looks fantastic! Very inspiring indeed!

Is there anything you shouldnt use in an enclosure? I.e. types of glues, paints, foams etc etc...

awsome work and info it has come a long way

I'm not sure about the products that are out there that you shouldn't use. I just stuck to what seems to be tried and tested and deemed safe by others on here and on utube. Oxcide colouring was the product I wasn't sure of but I figured it was all being sealed with pondtite anyway.

It looks fantastic! Very inspiring indeed!

Is there anything you shouldnt use in an enclosure? I.e. types of glues, paints, foams etc etc...

Some more pics. And a really bad photo of a visiting frog who popped in for a look.
002.jpg007.jpg006.jpg008.jpg009.jpg
001.jpg

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
008.jpgThe pondtite goes on...It's very shiney but i'll fix that with some sandpaper and sand later.
012.jpgTodays little helper.
014.jpgThought I'd throw in a pic of the feed baskets I'm making tonight for my weaner rats. Classic face on the news reader in the background!

The pondtite goes on...It's very shiney but i'll fix that with some sandpaper and sand later.

You have done an amazing job with this, and good work posting all the progress pics, as for the sandpaper / sand to reduce the shine, try a bit of fine steel wool (yes it comes in grades other than "Steelo' from the supermarket ) i found mine on the bottom shelf under the sandpaper at my local bunnings, it should be enough to knock the shine off and it will be easier to get into any fiddly spots, unless you get the ultra fine sandpaper you will see the scratch marks

I've just been using the the fine grade of steel wool in between coats of polyurethane to the top of my current conversion (first attempt at polyurethane) and it takes the shine off and no deep scratching

Wow, your work is awesome! Thanks for posting all the pictures. Looking forward to seeing the end product with your bredli in it. Lucky snakes!

That looks fantastic..Please send the photos when all finished..cant wait!!

that is one of the best backgrounds i've seen done at home. well done

WoW thanks guys and girls. Everyones enthusiasm keeps me motivated. It is starting to feel a bit drawn out now it's coming down to watching stuff dry. I found a nice peice of driftwood to work on while I'm waiting. I've already started on it as you will see...keep forgetting to take before photos, sorry. Thank you for the steel wool heads up Jaxrtfm...i wasn't looking forward to tackling all those hard to reach spots with a scrap of newspaper. :|
001.jpg
002.jpg

I was uploading pics on facebook and found this pic of the enclosure...Ugly!
enclosure pics (4).jpg

Last edited:
That is some AWESOME!!! work mate well done you must be very happy with the end result.

Thanks. I've had my moments when I wanted to scrap it. Like today I was taking the bark off the branch that was fitted to go in the enclosure and I braced it too hard broke it. This is what I looked like for a half hour:cry: untill I gave the branch plastic surgery. I'm still not at the end yet so here's hoping the branch is my last hicup.

Well I had a major disaster when applying the sand. Turns out it wasn't really sand it was dirt with a small amount of sand in it and yes of course the dirt stuck well and the sand fell off. I had to take the enclosure back to grout in most places, repaint and reapply the pondtite. The paint job is no near as detailed as the original and doesn't give the same 3 dimensional effect but at least I can finish the project.
And this is a pic of a little Darwin that shed. My crappy camera takes a alright photo in the sunlight the colours are true.
001.jpg

OK ...well maybe the photos of the enclosure will magically appear on there own...whenever... like they usually do on here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back