The death of Kevin Budden

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is know doubt this man contributed to saving lives and for that we should all be indebted.but experience would tell you what is smart and what is not when it comes to a situation.in this particular case it was perhaps a lack experience or a choice made that wasn't to smart[poor bloke was only 20]not smart to end up dead,he had his whole life ahead of him imagine what he could have contributed further to saving lives if he had of done things differently[what a waist].i don't keep elapids but remove many on occasions.i am amazed at the amount of elapid keepers who tell me about the hits they have taken over the years like i should be impressed,if you cop a heap of hits you are obviously doing things wrong.does this make them a good herpetologist?or does it make them a bad one?[to be biten more than once].a good experienced herpetologist[in my eyes]isn't one who ends up dead.
slatey as far as respect i think that must be earnt.because you tell somebody they have to opolgise,they should.i am not here because of you slatey,but because of your good site, does that mean i have to respect you?you admit you have said some dicky things in the past and for that i have very little respect for you.thats just my opinion.i think this last deletion is an overkill.

obee

It's Jan's absolute right to be able to ban whom ever he wants to. It's his site. He pays for it out of his own pocket and he sets the rules. If you don't follow his rules then you have to pay the price.

:shock:
Gregory.

i agree totally with you greg i just didn't see in the rules where you had to apologise because the administrator said you do,you can't have a differing opinion and you must respect.people get upset over the smallest things and nobody can tell someone who they are supposed to respect,like or what there opinion should be.i've seen a hell of a lot worst said on this site than what zoe said and those ppl are still here.if you are going to open your mouth in public and put yourself out there ppl are going to disagree and critize.the biggest disrespect i see is towards zoe.just my opinion.lets discuss the thread.

obee

I have only just read this post as i had all ready read the story on barefoot site and what a shock i got after reading thread. Arguments -no worries, swearing- was edited, but someone got deleted -"absolutely flabbergasted". Zoe might respect what u do for site slatey, but she doesnt have to respect your opinions does she? Does she have to apologise when she doesnt agree with anything u say? I love this site but zoe's deletion was imo not called for. What ever happened to thick skinned aussie debating?
I was just wondering when she was deleted were other moderators consulted or was it just your decision?
Cheers Stevo

Sw, your original comment was disrespectful and ignorant, regardless, you then continue to try and save face - pointlessly and with zero creedence to your arguement. You were a big enough person to realize this and posted accordingly. Zoe came to your defence without any intention of the thread or topic itself - more so for her 'rights' of opinion.
Yes you both have opinions - yes you are both able to have them - think how ridiculous they are before shouting them as loud as you can. if you made that statement in a room full of herps you would have still got shouted down and called an idiot as you were here. Yes you would still be able to voice your ' opinion' but if your opinion is so far from peer perception, be prepared to back it with substantial process - not defending your right to an opinion being the basis of your arguement.

Dear Obee. Thank you for nice comment about me.
I must ask you to read topic and find right reason why I suspended ZOE.
She accused me of something what I did not done at all. And That is why I demanded apology. Just for that one accusation.
I asked 5 times.
Regarding Respect, Maybe you do not respect me but many do. I do respect you same as the other member of this community and you do not hear me to saying accusation about people.
I did few wrong things in past and when They have been pointed to me I apologized. I Apologized to you obee regarding chondro thread, and if somebody else did simeler thing, I made them apologize to the other person.
You can ask Instar and some others about it.
I do demand same for me.
I know that many people do hate my guts here and I can live with them. If they do not cross the line and do not attack me for no reason.
ZOE did exactly that and failed to admit it after I explained to her that she is wrong. Not much I can do.
Obe I really do not like what you said about me, but I must live with it. Maybe I feel bit sad that after all hard work people think that about me, but it is your choice to dishonor me that way and have this opinion.
If you accuse me as ZOE of dishonesty with out any reason, I would delete you to. I would delete anybody who will treat me that way. It is just not right to use and enjoy site and talk to owner in this manner. I did not provoke her in any way.

And yes, it is against the forum rules what she did. But I was ready to ignored that for simple sorry, I make mistake slatey .Just apology from her to let me know that she understand that I did not let other to abuse forum rules because I like them .Instead of it I had more smart comments.

Stevo said:
I have only just read this post as i had all ready read the story on barefoot site and what a shock i got after reading thread. Arguments -no worries, swearing- was edited, but someone got deleted -"absolutely flabbergasted". Zoe might respect what u do for site slatey, but she doesnt have to respect your opinions does she? Does she have to apologise when she doesnt agree with anything u say? I love this site but zoe's deletion was imo not called for. What ever happened to thick skinned aussie debating?
I was just wondering when she was deleted were other moderators consulted or was it just your decision?
Cheers Stevo

Just one thing.
Zoe was not deleted for not agreeing with me.
Please red the thread before you acuse me of it.

You all have opinion and no intention to read what is this all about.
You are saying that you read this topic.
Where I am saying that she is deleted for her opinion.

She was deleted for acusing me to be dishonast by fallowing my moderating duty with personall interest and refusing to apologise later.

I did read post slatey and thats why i was flabbergasted.
Zoe wrote:
is that why u didnt edit ackie's comment slatey?

This is when u demanded apology and obviously Zoe didnt agree with your "opinion" that it warranted an apology.
Slateman wrote:
She was deleted for acusing me to be dishonast by fallowing my moderating duty with personall interest and refusing to apologise later.

Where on earth she accused u of dishonest has got me beat.
Cheers Stevo

Crikey what a sad thread. Hero or idiot, is beyond the point, The poor bloke died trying to acheive something that would eventually benefit many, cudos for that! Its pretty distastful to be so disrespectful to someone who has died ,full stop. Privatly, i thought he must have had big ones to try it without equipment, but i never knew him or his reasoning so i kept it to myself.
Freedom of thought it a great thing, you can think what you like, when you like, where you like,
there is no need to always involve the mouth(or fingers), (lesson learnt by yours truley) Please try to be just a little bit tactful folks, life's too short, as Kevin Budden himself would tell you if he could. Fairwell K.B. (whoever you were)

MAN, i havent read any of this post until today. And I feel ashamed for all you people that have no respect for someone that was a pioneer for snake reseasrch and died in the name of it.
I havent read all of this thread cause its too long for me, but I get the idea.
I have to laugh at all the new people with a carpet python or two, that think they even have the right to make a ignorant comment. Back then, most people would think you were stupid if you wanted to go catch snakes, let along keep them, and use them for research. I have, and alot of others go herping for venomous snakes all the time by our selves.... and even if he went with others, what do you think they are going to do????????? there was no antivenom, thats the point.. you get bitten, you die! someone had to take the risk. and he did, for all of our sake.
I think some of you people need to be taken down a "peg or two" as someone commented before. sitting back from your city home on the internet, commenting about a person, a snake, and a time you know nothing about at all. There is some seriously ignorant know it all people around.... just keep playing with the maccys, and childreni, and pretend that people only do things for self glorification.... hope you never need the antivenom people like kevin helped create. cause you dont deserve it!

Why would you feel ashamed of people?

I'm happy to admit i've never heard of him and i'm happy to admit that i don't give crap about it.
If that makes me a bad disrespectful person or a bad reptile keeper then thats what i am, it doesn't worry me.
He had nothing to do with my interest of reptiles, i admire other herpers who imo have done more than him.

dugadugabowbow, its fine never to have heard of him, and its fine not to care...no problem there at all. But its a different thing to read the artical and to start making remarks that he was an idiot, he thought he was god, and only did what he did for self glorification. And to add insult further, most of the people that were making these comments are all but new to the snake keeping hobby, and as far as im concerned just dont have any idea about anything. Just the comment themselves shows how much maturity they have. ZERO. And by insulting what someone else did, for the sake of science, antivenom, and research with such disrespect, makes me think they are just trying to make themselves feel better about there lack of achievment.

craig

did everyone miss the part where i apologised for my offending anyone?

For all those who found the need to insult to get there point across, don't see how your really any different from me. You felt insulted for what i said about someone you see as a icon and you demand respect, but to insult me just shows you are just as capable of disrespect. Maybe i will never be anything in the herping world, thats fine i can live with that.

Slateman felt disrespected for what zo said to him, i think some of what has been said about me is far worse, so should i have the right to start banning people? or do i need to be site owner to get the same privileges first? :?

This thread just proves that unless you agree with the majority there is no point offering a different opinion on this site.

Once again i will apologize if you didn't like what i said, but what has been said has been said now and its time to start moving on.

this is my last post on the topic.

Stevo you would have to paste my post to which her comment refered. No point to discussed this
If you go back to the place where she posted this, you can clearly see the reason why she is asking me that.
Anyway, i will not answer any more on this subject. I know and she know what is the problem.
I can't work here to be underminded all the time in that maner. I would like to enjoy my self here same as you all do. If that will be not possible, I would have to stop it all.
What is the point to run this site if people who join do talk to me like that. Specially young people. All this started only becaose I did not red this topic soon enough to edited bad language.
I do not need anybody to tell me that I did this on purpose becaose I do like Kevin Budden and SW do not. Who ewer do not like mods work or think that we do bad job can say this in different maner.
To write after I say that I suport wiew that Kevin is a good bloke and not Idiot comment as
Zoe"Zoe wrote:
is that why u didnt edit ackie's comment slatey?
It is highly disrespectfull and I will defend my self always.
Specially when I edited the ackies post and isued to him warning before I expressed my opinion on this Topic.
Zoe only wanted to stir the trouble, and this time I refuse to cope that.

And to Obees post about not respecting me.
You are in title to think that way. But if you like to enjoy community I created and sponsor, I wish you do not act and write in disrespectfull way forward to me. You say that I do not earn your respect, That is fine, But I will not stand and receive abuse from anybody.
I understand that I did suported Bigguy view in chondro thread and that did not plesed you. Specially when I stated that I think more about Bigguy,s way how he argued about it. And I said that I think that he vin the argument. I apologized after to you about saying this in forum. I just say that time what I believed in and I still support bigguys theory.
But I never insulted you on personall level. I always shown respect to you as I do not know you enough to do atherwise.

Soluweaver I did noticed that and I respect that.
I noticed that some of other members did compliment your change of wiew.
But you have to realize that if you call somebody Idiot, you will cope same from people who love him.
I tried to edit this thread best I could. It was extremely dificult.

i don't know the guy and i don't really care about him either it is pointless agruing over a guy that has been dead for 54 years and people still talking about this reminds me of princess diana no one is willing to let go and move on. yes he might have done good but it is pointless to keep talking about it. there is alot more people out there that have done a hell alot more then this guy. i don't really care he doesn't have anything to do with my interest in reptiles either. sorry if i offended anyone.

OH Spotted.
People usually talk about personalities from past. Some of the people did many brave things in the past to make live easier for me and you. They should newer to be forgotten.

well we dont talk about him everyday. the post came up. I havent seen a thread about him in ages. The whole thread wasnt even really about him, it was more about the fact that people can have such a strong, negative opinion about someone they dont even know from a bar of soap. Someone who clearly loved the same thing we all loved, in a time where you were ridiculed for it, and loose your life over it very easily. I repect him for his passion, effort and apparent selflesness.
As i said, i didnt read the whole thread cause it was so long. So i missed alot of appologies and all the heated stuff by the sounds of it. I really just wish people wouldnt be so fast to judge and be negative... Im NOT pointing fingers, it just is a common attitude on this site. Lately I think alot of people have made more enemies around here than friends, and isnt that the opposite of what this site is all about?

craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back