The death of Kevin Budden

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well it wasnt edited when i looked.

I am noticing that you like to argue with anybody who do not like your opinion lately.

everybody likes to argue with somebody that doesnt have their opinion slatey, look at how SW was attacked on the first page.

I am finding your post insulting

i am finding a lot of posts here insulting.

You are only enjoying our site and that is why you should be more suportive to people who do all the work. We moderate as best and quick as we can.

i have never had a problem or complained about mods or this site slatey have i?

Luke deserved it, he asked for it.
after all Luke, made horrible comments about someone who is awesome. I think he is jealous, knowing that people will never look up to him, in the same way.

Luke deserved what he got, I say good on you ackie, sam and sherm, good stuff Kevin, you are truly a hero mate.

zoe said:
is that why u didnt edit ackie's comment slatey?
I am still waiting for apology. I did edited his comment and isued warning.

I don't give a toss either way about some bloke killed 50 years ago.
What bothers me though is that this thread has turned into the usual singling out of someone who has voiced an opinion that differs to the majority.
It happens time and time again (usually to me but I've got big shoulders :wink: ). I think it's unfair to bag Luke just cause he thinks the bloke got what he got. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with Luke, I'm just standing up for his right to voice his opinion.

Gregory.

Although Kevin took an obvious risk in catching a wild Taipan with his bare hands my understanding was that he simply took advantage of the fact that the particular snake in question had a rat in its mouth. This made it easy to catch and would have significantly lowered his chance of recieving an immediate bite. I think most experienced snake catchers would have done the same. However what I do consider extremely dangerous is, holding on to a wild caught taipan in your hands for any more than a few minutes. Experience of tailing taipans in the wild and holding them in my hands has shown me that taipans exert a constant pulling back pressure with thier neck and are very strong in that area. This is some thing that Ram Chandra had always warned me about years ago. After a while they ease this pressure off but ever so slowly and you don't seem to notice it. When you least expect it they quickly exert this pressure again and if your not maintaining a strong grip you could easy have its head loose and of course recieve a bite. I guess I will never know for sure if this is how poor Kevin got bitten but I feel that it was highly likely.
My own experience in catching wild taipans is very limited and I have only ever caught four which is nothing compared to people like David Williams who do this very regularly and he has possiably caught more taipans than any body ever. It would very be interesting to hear some of David's experiences here.

Cheers Dave Mackintosh
Pilbara Pythons

after all Luke, made horrible comments about someone who is awesome.

just because YOU think he's awesome doesnt mean we all have to. or does it somehow??? :?

I am still waiting for apology. I did edited his comment and isued warning.

slately i will apologise to you if you apologise to me for agreeing with people who attack someone for having a differing opinion...as greg said, thats ALL it was. arent you supposed to be a sort of arbitrator here? and try to cool the fights rather than add fuel to them? :?

Luke have different opinion and nothing is wrong with that.
He called kevin Idiot and many people do get upset. Nothing wrong with that.
Greg think that SW is right and kevin is Idiot. Nothing wrong with that. Greg changed his post and do not agreeing with SW about kevin to be idiot. Fine with me.
Some people agree and some do not. Nothing wrong wit that
Ackie attack another member here. I issued warning that is wrong.
Zoe's sarcastic comment about me not taking action, and I did take it(she just mist that) Not nice at all.
I did not received apology from ZOE I asked for and that is wrong.

slatey, trust me, the comment was still there when i looked before posting what i did.

I can agree with anything I like.I did not isued unfriendly sarcastic comment against you. I still demand apology Zoe.

Slateman said:
Greg think that SW is right and kevin is Idiot.

I never said I agreed with Luke. In fact what I said was that I couldn't give a toss about some bloke dieing 50 years ago.

Facts need to be adhered to here as often times things can be too easily twisted into fiction.

Greg. (Not in the firing line for a change) :shock:

zoe said:
slatey, trust me, the comment was still there when i looked before posting what i did.
Impossible
It is recorded , Editing done 6 minutes before my post to topic.

well i'm off to the optometrist then. i'll post piccies of the new frames ;).

oh and i saw the editing of my post and not ackies before you added to the thread i believe.

no zoe you dont have to think he is awesome
People with no knowledge, or, those who are purely ignorant in the world of herps, will never be able to understand how important this snake was to science.
he is a hero, you dont agree? well thats fine by me, just dont publically slander someone who isnt even around to defend himself. you are HORRIBLE PEOPLE

Baritji said:
Luke deserved it, he asked for it.
after all Luke, made horrible comments about someone who is awesome. I think he is jealous, knowing that people will never look up to him, in the same way.

Luke deserved what he got, I say good on you ackie, sam and sherm, good stuff Kevin, you are truly a hero mate.

Debate the topic all you want, thats fine, but this above comment is uncalled for.

you are HORRIBLE PEOPLE

geez whats next? death threats? i'm sure you have bagged someone before that wasn't in the room :?

You are wrong zoe I just checked all the times. Last time I do asking for apology here. I did nothing wrong to be judged by you in that maner.

I must say Greg i'm with you, i don't give a rats about it, i still cant see why this is being argued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back