The Death Sentence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right slim. I dont beleive in free will (its just illogical) so somewere along the lines we failed all these ppl. Knowing what to do can be a challenge though...

plus with the death sentance its all good and well until its a mate of yours or family member thats getting it IMO

if i had a mate or a family member that was put in that situation it wouldn't bother me!
if they were stupid enough to do something that warranted it, then they aren't worth associating with anyway!

It's amazing... all these mentally challenged people need to do is get a gun and kill someone to get the basics of life... This is what we cry for? A real world? Free of violence and crime? Really... where does it start?

It's suprising though.. Something went wrong with Hudson who - as Freddy pointed out appears well looked after, has a family... so where did it go wrong for him? Where did it start.

Are all you people just blaming him?

Well, most are - but always, and I can guarantee it, always you will find society somewhere is at fault. We failed them somehow.

I know you wouldn't see it - well, most wouldn't... But it's our own fault. we've lost our 'pack' we're turning more and more solitary with no one to rely on.

A series of events starting from early childhood culminating in the morning of violence in Melbourne was just how it all started.

We have all had it hard - well a lot of us have anyway, we don't chose to go out and take an innocent life, or lives, he chose to. At the end of the day we have to look at ourselves in the mirror.
Yes - I am blaming him - his choice. His not a child he is 29yrs old. He wasn't the man he thought he was. We haven't failed him at all - he failed himself. I feel very sorry for his family and all involved.

i think hudson should rott away slowly in his cell for the remainder of his life and make his life as **** as he has made others

i think hudson should rott away slowly in his cell for the remainder of his life and make his life as **** as he has made others

EXACTLY - no excuses, no violins, no - ohh his a hottie, please!

I agree Mystery. The "I've had a hard life" defence doesnt cut it, There is plenty of people that have had really tough times throughout their lives, most get on with it and work damn har to improve their lives and better their personal situation. The pthers suffer from the victim mentality and us their "hard" lives as an excuse for deplorable behaviour. Hang em high I say.

I agree Mystery. The "I've had a hard life" defence doesnt cut it, There is plenty of people that have had really tough times throughout their lives, most get on with it and work damn har to improve their lives and better their personal situation. The pthers suffer from the victim mentality and us their "hard" lives as an excuse for deplorable behaviour. Hang em high I say.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said (Mystery and Isis) as suggesting he had an excuse.

I don't care how tough his life was, it is personal choice. And I never disagreed there.

But what you're failing to see is this is avoidable in probably 99% of all cases (a made up stat).

It all starts at home on the first day the child is alive.

We don't need to fight for territory or mating claims (as such) - so murder isn't part of us.

Therefore the reason someone does it may not be because of their hard life, but because there's something wrong with the system. I'm way too tired to write a clear statement here, I know what I am trying to say but having troubles typing the words to say it.

But what ever you do, don't think I suggested for a minute there he had an excuse, becasue he most certainly had a choice - but what made him choose what he did, certainly stemmed from a very long time ago. He didn't just wake up in that morning (or stay awake that whole night whacked out on ice - perhaps) and say, i'm going to kill someone today!

Nope... I'd say a series of circumstances lead to the untimely death of those two innocent bystanders - that's what I am saying. Not that there's an excuse, but there's a way to stop it happening.

Never disagreed with you Slim.....I agree its a choice that he made. His upbringing has nothing to do with it. Some of our most monsterous criminals have come from good caring middle class families. Go figure.....????

wow... comparing how easy a low security prison is, where we lock up people who don't pay fines, minory robberies, and other small non violent crime is SO like a max security prison... silly me....

and seriously....
you people disgust me!
you are as bad as him...
calling for blood makes you as much a murder a if you shot someone yourself

and seriously....
you people disgust me!
you are as bad as him...
calling for blood makes you as much a murder a if you shot someone yourself

So what would you suggest should be done with him or others like him? Maybe we should wrap him in cotton wool and feed him strawberries then give him a big pat on the back - I'm sure the families of the victims involved would love that.

right because you clearly didn;t read anything else i posted...
not wanting to condone murder at state level OBVIOUSLY means i wanna glorify it at a personal one.
and justice is never, and has never been about satisfying the vistim... you are confusing justice with vengance

i feel for his family to see what had become of there son. also its good for people to see so that if there thinking of joining these mellisha bike clubs to think again. who wants to push drugs and stand over people for a living. people like that are week and take up breathing space. its sad because people can change . i have a mate thats in jail now and he;s got another 6 years's to go. he was a good person done anything for any one well loved by family friends had good job he actually got me into reptiles. but he some how got in and mixed with bike clubs and drugs and look where that took him. it has distroyed his family but one thing he said to his and my mum that its for the best that he is in there because he would have killed some one or got killed him self. or worse got his family killed aswell. but i heard he is doing really well.keeping fit, studying even the scews like him. he;s not a bad person just done bad things. we all make mistake's just that some mistakes are worse than othere's and are less forgiving and harder to mend. and in some case's never will . . im not saying all people in bike clubs are bad but from what ive heard that go'es on and what you have to do to stay in and what happens when you want out. its a no win situation. its basicly a spider's web. vietnam vets have a good reputation tho i spose it depends on what type of people they have in that gives them a bad name. i dont know much about bike clubs but i wouldnt were a tag if you pay'd me. im my own boss and it will stay that way. but i reackon if some one hits you then hit em back. but if you dont think your strong enough then hit em in the pocket $$$$ but i would aviod anything to stay out of jail because that would be worse then death for me. i work part time security and take a lot of precausions when dealing with people that have taken ice etc and its hard to take control cause all the legal matters. if i was one too make the law i would choose eye for an eye.
cheers steve.

Anyone seen that movie where they dropped all prisoners out to an island and they had to totally fend for themselves?
I say we buy tasmania fence it off, put crocodiles and pyranahs in the moat and leave them to it...
No offence to any tasmanias just a suggested place really...

Anyone seen that movie where they dropped all prisoners out to an island and they had to totally fend for themselves?
I say we buy tasmania fence it off, put crocodiles and pyranahs in the moat and leave them to it...
No offence to any tasmanias just a suggested place really...

Ummm... that was in fact pretty much how Tasmania's closest neighbour began... I think they called it Australia :p

more than that... some people may believe in God, and hell and what not...
but i don't!
death is a release
death is the ABSENCE of punishment...

the death penalty (aside from being wrong on moral grounds) is as close to a punishment in my eyes as just releasing him
I agree. If anything, lock him in a small dark room for the rest of his life. Deprive him of sunlight and human contact. It'll make him go crazy.

for the record, even ASIDE from the fact that jesus, and mohummed after him cast aside old testament laws.
the eye for an eye verse, as applied by the jews and israelites actually tended to mean monetary payments, IE: if someone kills your cow, they pay for it.

the full eye for an eye verse actually says as much.
23If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
26 When a slave-owner strikes the eye of a male or female slave, destroying it, the owner shall let the slave go, a free person, to compensate for the eye. 27If the owner knocks out a tooth of a male or female slave, the slave shall be let go, a free person, to compensate for the tooth.

now just checking, a slave losing an eye, doesn;t take the owners eye, but goes free...
THAT is what is meant by an eye for an eye

At night I listen to the sound of the animals,
I understand now that there are no limits to what you are capable of.
You don't even see it yourselves, and the news anchor on the TV set talks in a neutral voice about rape, murder and this weeks weather without change of tone
It seems that nothing matters as we've gone past the turn of the millenium,
violence and commercial breaks has become the opium that used to religion.
Mankind: You're so ugly, so vain.

The language of brutality is all you seem to understand, bloodlust as long as it's someone elses blood.
To breed, suck, eat and defecate.
Breeding has turned into a pastime,
death as recreation...

You are no better than a pack of hyenas, the sight and smell of someone elses pain and misery makes you feel good, ensuring one more day in safety,
decimating the odds that you or someone you love is going to get hurt.
Well don't fool yourself, you're not safe, not in this world.
All you are is collateral damage, presumptive headlines, expendable meat for the media hounds, statistics and forensic reports for some brainless fool to drool over on the
internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back