The end result...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockeh

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As some of you will know i expressed concern about my juvi Diamond python being impacted....

He finished his shed on tuesday night and still did not deficate, i said to myself then if he hasnt gone by friday im gettin serious on it.

So back into the bathroom we went, i placed him in a shallow amount of warm water an allowed him to swim about for a good half hour to 40 mins.

I then had a feel around and goudl feel two definate lumps, one just at the vent opening and another about 10cm back.

I tryed to express the excrement but to no avail you could see it trying to get out but would not pass the vent opening.

I then injected a small amount of Parafin oil into the vent, allowed him to soak in the water for another 10 mins then gave him a massage.....

Out it came and there was plenty of it, keeping in mind that this diamond is only a juvi (last shedded skin SVL 760), the total length of the poo was 15cm with extras.

So the end result.... a relieved snake and a very relieved dad :)

Here is a pretty pic i am sure slatey will love it, it is in water so looks a bit broken up but hey ya get the general idea

Well done Matt.
I'm sure the snake would be very releaved after that ordeal.
And yourself of course.

Any idea on why it might happen??

Hey Robert

Someone said it may have been due to dehydration, but i am not too sure (he loves to have a play in his water bowl) so i am having a guess that it is just like all other creatures they can become constipated, the only problem is that with snakes constipation or impaction can be fatal.... so yes i am VERY relieved

Take care
matt

Hey man, you do realise that shed skins are not an accurate indication of a snakes length? The skin covers both the front and back of a scale, so it's length can be anyway up to 70% over the length of the snake.

yeah i know that i was just giving a rough indercation as th the length in comparison to the size of the dump the skin SVL was 760 but his actual SVL is 640 i was just using it as a guide... but thanks anyway

Well done Matt. That all is prooving the point I am making from beginning. Healthy fece-healthy snake.

great news
what an ordeal !!
bet your glad thats sorted

thanks africa.... i know what you mean nothing worse then getting in the bath only to find a nice hot steamer waitin for ya... that reminds me i have some cleaning to do ...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back