Theft prevention! Whats your method?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides security cameras, alarms & a very vicious dog it's very rare that someones not home at our place. I have 6 kids, 3 of them teenage boys, 1 teenage daughter & they have more mates over regularly then the local skate park. Our neighbours are awesome too & we always watch each others properties on the rare occasion one of us isn't home. One of our neighbours (& good mate)is also ex SAS & now offers his home as a retreat for stressed SAS members;)

I live in street full of federal cops. And they always seem to be home.

I work from home with a smash tow truck so I come and go at different times all day and night . Then there is Sid Vicious our Rottie x Kelpie . Not allowed guns [ the cops said I am the sort of person that will have people shooting at me and would only want guns to shoot back ] But I do collect military and hunting knives and swords [ have a license ] Also have a shovel and nearby vacant land for thieves .

I actually had a moment 2 years back when i was going hunting one morning. I walked out of my house ammo'd up and carrying my shotty when i stumbled on two fellas going through my car. I'm quite proud of myself for what i did next.

I went back inside, put my gun away and then went outside to tell them where to go.

The house is fully alarmed and deadlocked. Then there is the lucky dip thrill the thief can have by working out whats under the newspaper or in the hides. There are far more vens than pythons :lol: Enjoy :p

I don't have anything special. Just a locked front door. I use to collect military knives so still have some on my desk next to my bed. But someone is always home, everyone in the house does shift work so there is always someone there. Plus there is always a car out the front. I doubt our golden retriever would do anything she sleeps inside but is going deaf so would probably sleep through it if someone did try to break in.

Good guard dog, locked house, two story, brick rendered wall around front with huge gate. Planning to actually get cameras around the house soon.

GOOD LUCK THIEVES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in a ****ty old house and leave everything open all of the time. Mailbox full of junk mail and dont mow the lawns.

People assume that anyone who does that, does not have anything worth stealing

Walk round the house naked all the time. No one wants to fight a naked guy

my babies are in my room and im a light sleeper and wriggle around alot...plus my cat hates guys will hiss and complain something chronic. i want a rottie and a german shepard beautiful dogs ohh and all the enclosures have locks on them and i hide the keys!!! plus my weight makes me look kinda scary and being trained in martial arts i can sterailize a male in about 10 secs flat.

Last edited:
Anyone who is too lazy to earn a living is properly too lazy to walk up my driveway (The troll needs to be in 4WD to back up it).
More worried about the rodents been stolen rather than the snakes, so far this year I've found 2 carpets, 1 lacie, 1 EWD and a cat in the rat cave. Only the cat was forcibly evicted

security cameras, security access, 2 Massive Neopolitan Mastiffs, 1 Massive English Mastiff, 5 teenage sons which the youngest is 16 and they all do MMA,

well i guess prevention is better than cure. i was thinking perhaps a wooden nest box that can be firmly secured to the bottom of the cage, ontop of the heat mat obviously, with strong bolts, the top ***** open and shut like a treasure chest, and can be paddlocked in several areas, making it very difficult for someone to get inside and steal your darling animal.. basically robberies happen during the day mainly, and pythons sleep all day, right, so it willl work well, ofcourse strong material would be needed like untreated wood. make one with obviously the animals eventual size in mind.

what you think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back