there's something in the sand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my mate says he see's tracks around the same place one a year and the tracks always lead into the same shed, could it be the same snake and does anyone have any idea how big it might have been?

tracks are still good , im still waitng to see first brown (in the wild that is)

Mark snakes can and will live in the same spot for years if all food and shelter required is met ...the fact of it going near the dogs could be due to water ...it seems to be a good size going on the prints ...why dont you go and take a look and use your skills with a camera as well ,would love to see what owns them sand prints...

i aggree RBBB it would have been great to get some shots. He asked me to remove it if i found it but i asked why bother? I think it went to the dogs kennel for a drink also but thats kind of amazing itself considering both the dogs were tied up all day, neither copped a bite and there was no blood to suggest that they fought with the snake. Going by the size I'd assume the snake was if their was a fight it'd have gotten at least one of the dogs and at least one of the dogs would have gotten it, but there was no signs of any fight.

they just might be very smart dogs Mark :) ....our staffy cross will sit on his bed and growl but wont move ...he has a distinct growl and you know its a snake ...but when it comes to the good old goanna both my outdoor dogs chase :evil: which pee;s me off but they just get it up a tree and stay at the bottom of the tree and bark looking upward...

I still haven't worked out how dogs know that snakes are dangerous. My two outside dogs, born and bred in the area, will jump 2 metres sideways if i shake the garden hose as they pass it. They certainly have a special bark when they come across one and it's normally from a good few metres away. But like RBB's they think goannas a fair game. It would have been a fair size brown MP, not sure I'd like to winkle him out from under stok feed sacks.

im probably just blind...but it cant see anything but lumpy sand..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back