thermostat on click clack packed it in

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norm

Right in the middle of our first bit of cool weather my thermostat on my click clack decides to give up. The temp is currently sitting on 36c at the hot end. The tub sits directly on the 7w heat mat. My question is would I be better to sit the mat under a tile and then the tub on the tile or just leave it as is until I get another thermostat? or another option is put her in a bigger cage?
She`s a yearling intergrade but was a slow feeder so is only small. I was going to keep the heat on and feed her through winter to get a bit of size on her.
I`m just a bit unsure about running the heat mat without a thermostat.

depending on what your situation is (if you're at work or school or day, etc) stick a thermometor at both ends of the click clack and monitor it that way. you can get sticky thermometer from pet shops for about $2. if you aren't able to check the temps every few hours due to comittments you might want to move her to a bigger tank so she can move away from the hot end if the temps get too high for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back