thermostat placing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nless01

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have just finished building a new home for my yet to be purchased bredli and i would like some help with the placing of the probe for the thermostat the house is 5 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot i was wondering if i should place it towards the bottom or the middle to get the temp right at ground level any advice would be of great help :?

My understanding is to have it placed it in the middle of the enclosure. That was you can be pretty much assured of a good temperature gradient, Go the middle IMO :wink:

Imo you should put the probe nearer to the heat source, so you end up with a hot end and a cooler end in your enclosure for the best temp gradient possible.Then your snake can choose it's prefered temp range as it needs it.

I use heat tape and place the probe of the thermostat right beside it. As CP indicated as close as possible to the heat source is the way to go with probe thermostats.

If you are using something like the IMIT which works off air temperature then Moosy's comments would apply.

i agree with congo, i put myn not under the hat source (light) but about 1 foot away, this way you can moniter the temperature of the basking area and have your temp gradiant, there is nothing wrong with having it in the middle but if you do this the basking area could be getting way to hot with out you knowing it is because it isn't being monitered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back