Thermostat probe placement...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i am hoping someone can advise me if i have placed mine in the correct part of my coastals enclosure. Its hard to explain but basically ive hung it level with his basking spot however 15-20 or so cm out from it if that makes sense....not directly under it. He can move down a log if he wishes or sit right beneath it (50 watt heat emitter). View attachment 287933View attachment 287934Its a tall enclosure with the heat being only at the top.

Last edited:
Should be fine, just check the surface temp of the basking spot and adjust the thermostat accordingly as it will be reacting to the ambient air temp where it is situated.

Should be fine, just check the surface temp of the basking spot and adjust the thermostat accordingly as it will be reacting to the ambient air temp where it is situated.

thanks! i thought it seemed logical however thought i had better check :)

non contact thermometers are pretty cheap (ebay) and worth having to check these temperatures (of surfaces and animals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back