Thermostat question...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B_STATS

I have three light sources in my enclosure I'm building. One fluorescent lighting fixture above and two heat side by side at one end. The thermostat I've purchased is a digital day/night and heating unit. I want to have both heat lights connected to this one thermostat but I don't think it will work that way. The thermostat will only shut off one when the desired temp is reached leaving the other to constantly heat until the timer switches. I'm gonna need two aren't I? And that will look stupid having two of the same digital thermostats side by side... Solutions? Could I use a double adapter on the heat socket of the unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a double adapter for the two heat globes.
Ideally a dimming thermo would be better as it will be better on the globes lifespan(on/off will shorten the life of globes).
If you select suitable globe wattage ( to reduce the need for the thermostat to have to turn them off) you will get better value from your globes.

Great! Thanks. I was worried the unit would shut off if I tried connecting an adapter. I had a thermostat once that refused to work with an adapter in it. Maybe it was too much for it? That one was only cheap. But this one is 1200W though so it will easily handle the extra light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back