Thermostat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MA15plus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone:) I'm going to be converting an entertainment unit into an enclosure and was wondering about a thermostat, would anyone recommend a good quality thermostat that won't break the bank lol thanks heaps:)

just an on/off wall mount $30
I prefer to spend more and use a dimming or pulse pro thermostat though...

All depends on your budget.

I have been using an ebay digital thermostats, and in 2 years almost, never missed a beat.

Some sort of dimming thermostat would be good :) nothing over $150 would be nice also lol there is alot out there so it's hard to know what's a good brand or what's a pos :)

ATC-210 would be a good option for what you're looking to spend.

heat emitters usually handle the thermo's switching/dimming far easier than the globes do (can't say I know why never really bothered to think about it seriously) certain globes (bunnings bought especially) you will find many not dimmable....many not all ;)

can't speak for the product description it's been a big day so not bothered with reading it lol

im using a atc 300 atm hasnt missed a beat iv noticed that the prob has to be close to the heat source to get a proper reading and work consistantly with a heat cord but with my heat lamp and the prob mounted how i normally have it works a treat i bought it half way through last year and never missed a beat and has the same amount of features and stuff as my mates $180 thermo i only paid $60 for it tooo ;)

hey mate, just wondering if you have purchased this item yet as im thinking of getting a digital thermostat for an incubator this year would you recommend this item to be used for a incubator.

Cheers Caleb.

i buy my thermostats on ebay less than $15 take about a month in the post though. they work well well for me

I'm just using a conventional room heater thermostat modified with a probe for the time being. I was actually looking at buying one of those digital thermos with timers from evilbay for 80ish dollars last night. I might definitely go that way now. I don't believe they are dimming though, only on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back