Thick Tail colour variations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something a little different, Our Pilbara Thick-tail.
This was collected a few seasons ago and in our opinion is quite different dispite the W.A muesum telling us the DNA is the same as critters from over east.

Attachments

• Pilbara TT.jpg
    Pilbara TT.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 144
Very Nice is this a one and only or have you found others similar?

That is a cracker of a thickie, Dave.

Also Brett, your hypos are stunning mate, best of luck with your pairings :)

I have only found the one, a female.
However I haven't been seriously looking for them yet.
They turn up every now and again in fauna survey pit traps. They have real spinley legs compared to Eastern forms and and a different number or tail bands. The whole critter overall really is much more petite.

I am certain if I was keen enough I could find quite a few of them, never seem to find the time these days though.
I really must pull my finger out and get this happening for all the gecko freaks who appreciates this area morph.

I'll Go a sexed pair please Dave. Iv'e PM'd you.

Cheers Mike ;) Brettix Lines on the Hypo Male, the female I was very lucky she had not coloured up at time of sale and was light but nothing she is today.

Hey All,

Was going through the Profile on another site and stumbled across two images of the same animal, one a few months before her first breeding season and the other When she was about 1 week after laying her first egg (Slug) Just thought the colour change was quite different and worthy for this thread.
View attachment 210454View attachment 210456

my female did the same thing 2 laid 2 slugs then went really light weird hey

my female did the same thing 2 laid 2 slugs then went really light weird hey

Good to hear another occurrence did she go back to a duller colour afterwards Gem? It might be hormones in the body be interested to know if anyone does.

Here are some hypo's, blondes or what ever you want to call them. They are in day time colouration in the first two pics and at night with a normal animal for comparison. The male in the first two pics is 12 years years old now and is starting to show signs of old age. His genes are pretty much everywhere now, including Brettix's animals. Some of his palest offspring were difficult to raise and not very fertile.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 62
  • sasa animals 031.jpg
    sasa animals 031.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for posting that info Scratchy, Good to know where my lines came from and even better to know they go 12 yrs. Stunning Geckos

Good to hear another occurrence did she go back to a duller colour afterwards Gem? It might be hormones in the body be interested to know if anyone does.

Yeh after a couple of months she went back to her normal colour it was quite strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back