Things you find in your neighbours yard...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempest

Reaction score
In the 5 years of living at my place I've never once seen any herps, apart from the odd garden skink and a little gecko that comes to visit my kitchen window every summer. Last week I was gardening and got a call from my next door neighbour telling me she'd found a lizard in her yard. I thought it was rather funny, so I headed over there to find this absolutely adorable guy. :D

I relocated him to my yard because she was afraid her staffy puppy would kill him... although I think he's headed back next door since. I finally downloaded the photos so thought I'd share them with you.

Just thought it was a little strange never even seeing a blue tongue to have this gorgeous little fella turn up, I've never actually seen one in metro Adelaide!

Attachments

• 22.11.06 117 (Medium).jpg
    22.11.06 117 (Medium).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 22.11.06 123 (Medium).jpg
    22.11.06 123 (Medium).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 81
A
Yeah..he knows.
But blueys are more common than shinglebacks. He thought he would've seen a bluey first...

Thanks Adandiluvsmyreptiles, that's exactly what I meant. I know it's a shingleback! Just didn't make myself clear, sorry.

nice specimen! ive seen more bluetounges in metro adelaide like u said but i have seen a few shinglebacks too! theyre around in suburbia!!! good to see!

he looks like a chubby shingle to me
i think he's been eating someones left overs LOL
he looks mad though

Yeah..he knows.
But blueys are more common than shinglebacks. He thought he would've seen a bluey first...

not if you live in adelaide, there not, i lived in adelaide for 32 years and had countless stumpys in my yard, but only ever saw one bluey. phone the npws tell them you cant release it or the neighbours dog will eat it, and put it on a rescue permit.
cheer Matt

not if you live in adelaide, there not, i lived in adelaide for 32 years and had countless stumpys in my yard, but only ever saw one bluey. phone the npws tell them you cant release it or the neighbours dog will eat it, and put it on a rescue permit.
cheer Matt

Really? I've never seen a single shingleback in suburbia and I lived in a house which backed on to Morialta National Park for 23 years until I moved out of home a few years ago. I've seen a zillion blue tongues in that time (and countless snakes too).... never a shingleback, unless it was out bush. Interesting, I guess it just depends on where abouts in Adelaide you are... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back