Tiger eating shingleback in wild

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shax

Reaction score
A work colleague took these snaps on a bush track near Moore River WA the other day

HEHEHE I was waiting for a real tiger to show up in the pics (as in fluffy and striped ) im such a dumb @$$

Awesome! thanks for sharing

Beardy Ben, that just shows that herps are yet to fully corrupt you.

If i hear anything about tigers, I immediatly picture a tiger snake hehe. Even the other night when on the news they said next up we take a look at the tigers at dreamworld :p

Heh Heh, wont be long mate, escape while you can!

I have to admit to mammalian tendancies as well. I thought stripes, then thought, none of them in Aus so must be a tassie tiger (yeah I know, none of them either). Then I saw th epic and thought..... well.... you know!!

heheh im glad im not alone :) I even was thinking do they have shinglebacks in indonesia, india ect :) wheres that damn tiger... must be behind that snake thats eating that shingleback............ ohhhhhhhhh :):):):):):):):):)

I know about the "circle of life" and that tigers have a right to eat aswell, but these pictures kinda make me sad as shinglebacks are just so adorable. Like a ferret crossed with a pinecone. I love their pudgy little legs and chubby little fingers and their sweet sweet natures.

Year but the tiger snake was hungry, and their much cooler than shingles :D. Theyre just a walking piece of shiiit!

Thanks for the photos mate!

These confirm what I had long suspected - that Notechis are opportunistic enough to take on shinglebacks in areas where the two occur together. Having been to Revesby Island and seen the black tigers there living side-by-side with shinglebacks, and having to supposedly survive for much of the year on fresh air while they supposedly waited for mutton bird chick season to rock around again, I had a hard time believing that the snakes were not hooking into the occasional shingleback whenever the hunger pangs got a little too intense... these pictures - even though they are from mainland WA - lend support to my theories about the Revesby Island snakes, simply by demonstrating that it is possible for a tiger to scoff an inattentive stumpy!

Cheers

David

re Tiger

toxinologist said:
Thanks for the photos mate!

These confirm what I had long suspected - that Notechis are opportunistic enough to take on shinglebacks in areas where the two occur together. Having been to Revesby Island and seen the black tigers there living side-by-side with shinglebacks, and having to supposedly survive for much of the year on fresh air while they supposedly waited for mutton bird chick season to rock around again, I had a hard time believing that the snakes were not hooking into the occasional shingleback whenever the hunger pangs got a little too intense... these pictures - even though they are from mainland WA - lend support to my theories about the Revesby Island snakes, simply by demonstrating that it is possible for a tiger to scoff an inattentive stumpy!

Cheers

David
I think what surprises people david is that it is a fully grown shingleback,the smaller ones would be gonnas for sure ans i suspect some types of tigersnakes in bass straight must also turn to at least the younger if not adults of blotched blue tongues possibly :) cheers colin.

That is unusual :shock: , at least it's not often documented.

Thanks for the pics. Proof of the happening 8)

What sub-species of Shingleback is it :?:
I'm guessing Tiliqua rugosa palarra?

Its a photoshop job for sure, you can see pixelation around the head area.

(psst) I know its not, just digging at the crowd who cry "photoshop" at any unusual pic.
Annoying aint it! :twisted:

Shame but thats life, made me go play with my shingle when i saw it, im really fond of her, lots of character shingles! :)

Instar, my heart did a little jump for joy when I read your first post. :D Then it sank when I realised you were just kidding. :( Then it jumped again when you said you had one of these sweet little critters. :D Lucky you!

Now if you could just tell that meany Brodie that shingles are, like, WAY nicer than tiger snakes, I'll be REALLY happy :wink:

My uncle sent me these photo's a few months ago. One of the guys he works with found this snake (I think its a tiger) eating a bobtail outside the toilets. These photo's aren't by me. These photos were taken near Collie in the south west of WA. I guess our west aussie tigers like the bobtails! BTW the shingleback in this photo is Tiliqua rugosa rugosa. the secondpic isn't very good although I thought I would post it to help people identify the snake.

Enjoy!

tiger+eatin+bobby_edited.jpg

tiger+eatin+bobby1_edited.jpg

damm nice pics guys is there anymore like dis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back