Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
picked this guy up at the local school,thought id share with u guys,,strange coloration i thought,or maybe hes sick,hes got some bumps and lumps and a heap of ticks,,hell be right in a couple of days i reckon

baz

oh yes,this is the 3rd snake,1 copperhead ,from the same school in3 weeks,,my school was never like that :(

yeah he looks unhealthy, he has a bald spot too! KIDDING!!

lol, had to do it..

That school is having some luck though geez!

I admire your courage snakeman, that third pic looks very close to your face.

Good work mate!!!

Whats with the grey coloration SSnakeguy? retained shed/s or they color off when sick?

I've seen a few tigers like that but out near apollo bay... not as much grey, but close.

was it as chill as it looks baz?

Which school baz, i'm looking for some tigers locally to photograph.

Kee

cant really say which school,,but u know where i am,it wasnt cold today,this is either a very placid snake,or not very well,i have removed 8 large ticks so far,,,

baz

sorry baz i forget which area your in... too many paint fumes at work mate.

yeah a general area would be good i can never seem to find any tigers close to melbourne.... seen the odd one.

im not sure what the politics are about giving an area,because of the populations which seem to be in smallish pockets,,probably cos of the large amount of copperheads,,but i could show you the pockets,if you just want to see some.

Not what ya want around school grounds ay.I used to find tigers on the escarpment north of wollongong,they came in a wide variety of colours with and without bands.When ide find a sick one it was sick sick,skinny as buggary with large skin lesions from scale rot and blister disease.God knows what internal parisites they had.These snakes seem to be on decline from my observations,some i found had been shot repeatedly with air rifles in places where they could be of no harm to humans. :(

Re: RE: tiger rescue

pugsly said:
yeah he looks unhealthy, he has a bald spot too! KIDDING!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That made me laugh.
Tourett

RE: Re: RE: tiger rescue

its funny you say there are small pockets snakeman. I know two snake catchers who work in vic and all they mainly get is tigers. The odd brown and copperhead, and really really rare but the odd rbbs too. Be interesting to know what area you work, to compare population areas.

keelow if your after tigers follow the yarra river along, once you get out of the city there are ment to be heaps of tigers. You can also find them out the back of frankston.

im on the mornington peninsula and here it is mostly copperheads,but the tigers are seems to be a less obvious,the pockets i talk about are populations that i have been monitoring for 20 yrs ,,on and off

baz

I spoke to a fella today who does catch and release down near where the Murry meets the Darling. He says that since the irrigation channels went the frog populations have dried up and that he hardly sees a tiger there anymore. Very rare to see them in Sydney at all these days. I would agree that they appear to be in decline.
one of my newys
ef5c58e7.jpg

my obs on the peninsula are the same,they are in decline,populations of copperhead seem to be stable,and i found baby tiger in a roadside autopsy on a copperhead...and also the tigers seem more suseptable to skin probs,, copperheads are more adaptable maybe,aswell as the extra item on the menu ie; snake

baz

looks like someone spray painted it.

thanks for the info guys, the philip island tigers are hard to photograph coz they are in and out of holes in the ground far too quickly and very thick undergrowth.
Worth it if you can grab one out in the open, but far to dangerous to be poking about in mutton bird holes.

I've known areas where rbbs have displaced the tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back