Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: tiger rescue

keelow i'm down here with snakeman and i can show you a few spots where there are tiger's, coppers and the odd rbbs

no shortage of copperheads down here,,and i know ppl who will argue black and blue that rbb dont occur here,,ive caught two but im told theyMUST be from out of town..and dont forget the whip snake(coronoides),,hes got some large populations down here
baz

really? soulweaver,u mean in the bush,not in someones collection?,,i was sure they were native to langwarren and maybe a
as far as pakenham but i get poo hooed when i say that by ppl with papers and diplomas who say hey know what they are talking about,and im just a catcher

baz

baz i have seen rbbs's 3 in the pines forrest reserve and 2 in the langy reserve they are definently around havent seen any whip snake yet maybe you can show me or tell where i chould find one of these?

jacob

yep i have seen them in frankston north where i grew up. Used to see more browns and tigers, but did come across rrbs

Great shots ssssssssssssssssnakeman, we get alot of tigers here in the Goulburn Valley but none that colour. The only one's that have that sought of colouration ar the unfortunate one's that have been run over on the side of the road or dead somewhere else. He must be pretty sick hey?
We get RBB's here and also around the thorpdale area, up on the NSW, Vic border around Albury/Wodonga and across the strathbogie ranges, they don't seem to have any boundries from what I can gather, is that correct?

nobody likes a smart donkey

That might be a (nobody likes a smart donkey x horse) which would be a what??? We wont go there hey? :roll:

actually he seems healthy,mites are gone,had a nice bath,even ate a mouse..hes just got stripes on the top half and none down the bottom..but hes looking good

So where do red bellies officially occur down your way guys? I remember them in Boxhill and Blackburn but I suppose thats a fair way from where ever you are.

boxhill and blackburn are pretty built up now and i dont think there has been rbb there
for quite a while,,they are rare close in to melb,but in s.e gippsland i.e;back of moe, i could show u rbbs that
are huge and black and ive been visiting them for 16 yrs
baz

:lol: You have to be kidding ssssnakeman that tigersnake from Mt Gambier is insanely wicked.Is that the eastern species of tiger snake notechis scutatus or whatever they call it these days. I want one matey. :D

I'm near Blackburn but I can't say I've seen anything else but the odd Tiger through there. Apparently places like Inner Kew is meant to have one of the most heavily populated zones for Tigers and Copperheads! Don't want the locals let on about this, or they'll be trying to run them down in their Range Rovers! :lol: :lol:

Great piccies Bazzman! :D

I walked to school across what used to be horse paddocks from Boxhill Sth (Houston Shops) to what was then Blackburn Sth High School. Used to get blacks along the creek.
They would have feasted on the frogs there. Southern Bell Frogs(Litoria raniformis) and Spotted Grass Frogs(Limnodynastes tasmaniensis).

ah those were the days aye, how long ago are we talking about peter,i remember seeing golden bell frogs in toorak at the quarry,and in the drains,i used to get little whip snakes,,,this was all while my dad practiced his golf on a strip of land near the quarry...oh yeh ,colin u have to get in line mate..

bazmo

Early 70s Bazmo, Yeah, my grandad worked at the quarry in Clifton then worked at a Brewery that bagan with B but I cant remember the name. I even remember carpets and cunninghams in Lalor where he lived. Turtles in the lake at Blackburn and Ringwood. The creek that ran through Blackburn Sth and Boxhill Sth even had fish in it when I was a nipper.

Im down there in a week or two so Ill have a look at what has happened. Haven't been back since 1975.

I go to school out in patterson lakes and have never seen a snake there in my 4 years looking. They are there though, we have a large wetlands and I know a number of people who have spotted them. I have also found a shed skin that appears to be juvenile eastern brown.

its more probably a copper head, whip or tiger snake,sobrian cos im sure there are no browns in that area,,maybe once upon a time,,but not now
yeh thirty yrs is a long time,hope u wear rose your colored glasses peter,and i remember cunninghams were a lot more common,,
baz

there might be a slight possibilty of getting browns in patterson lakes. Bushland about 10mins drive from there had browns, so there maybe a chance of them being there.

but your proably right snakeman

yea, i thought that too and I know we do have copper heads and possibly tigers if they haven't all been eaten, but damn, the head of the shed really looks like an eastern. I'll get a photograph tomorrow for you if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back